• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WC vs CB

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've noticed no difference in temperament in the few wild caught I have. They don't try to constantly escape like many wild caught true spiders I've attempted to keep, but ended up releasing. I had a big male WC stirmi, he had a certain standoffish-ness, and would stridulate at me, but he was by no means aggressive. When you buy a wild caught adult, you never know how much time they have left, you never know how healthy they will be, or where they came from, so there's some obvious disadvantages..

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have noticed wc adults tread to be more skittish ave inclined to run from disturbances, whereas cb will come out to investigate disturbances, which usually mean feeding time. My wc T stirmi (acquired as an adult) is very defensive, and still hold her ground, while my cb T stirmi (acquired at 3") prefers to run for cover.
I have a wc G pulchra that will stand and fight, but all the wc ones run for cover.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The main difference to me is that WC could be carrying parasites whereas CB are more likely to be healthy.

TabithasMom

3 Year Member
To my knowledge, I've owned only two, possibly three, WC Ts. Between the three porteris, there is a definite attitude (and size) difference between the two WC and the CB. The one I have now is so incredibly docile, and almost seems to enjoy being handled. I've never seen her rear up, or flick hairs. The other two...well, they were as spunky as a E. murinus, lol. Could be chalked up to specimen differences, but who knows.

Latest posts