• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Watering a Sling

MichaelWayneBurton96

3 Year Member
I've recently come into possession of a Grammostola Rosea spiderling that is between 1/2"-3/4". Raising a spiderling is a new experience for me. I'm sure I have all of the care taking under control, except I was told not to give it a water bowl. So how do I give the little one water? Will it get moisture off of the misting that is given to it's container?

Redacted

3 Year Member
I've recently come into possession of a Grammostola Rosea spiderling that is between 1/2"-3/4". Raising a spiderling is a new experience for me. I'm sure I have all of the care taking under control, except I was told not to give it a water bowl. So how do I give the little one water? Will it get moisture off of the misting that is given to it's container?
Hi Michael- many successful ways to keep slings. I keep rosies. My slings start life in a plastic vial with moist, but not soggy/damp, 1/2-full substrate. A single small hole in center of plastic lid. They are misted for water. The high humidity will help them. Works well for me. Others might chime in with other successful approaches.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
At that size I'd give it a bottle cap for a water bowl, don't worry your sling won't drown.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I give all my slings water dishes. Never had one drown. I wouldn't personally mist a G rosea, even a baby, although a slightly damp substrate would seem beneficial to any sling, due to molting frequency. But when they need moisture they will hover over a water dish, even if they don't drink any.