• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water?

Soulman

I was going to use the water from the fridge, same water that I drink
Just had a look where your from,maybe you reg on your water is better.i had the same question when keeping fish,fish suffer from drinking problems.from the main or tank.?ok I used stuff to remove chlorine,ammonia,choramines,when doing water changes.i did take from the main and the tank,Now you have made a point I'm going to have a look at bottled table water.not sold as mineral water.Very good point thanks for your post.

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
Are tarantulas sensitive to chlorine and fluoride? I'm pretty sure that our city does treat the water with these chemicals. If so I will have to go buy bottled water

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
A lot of people use bottled water. Some like myself use boiled (obviously cooled down afterwards!) tap water. I'm in the UK. Water is fluorinated here. I only do this because I was told straight tap water is bad. Does anyone know why this is so? As I haven't heard any actual stories of t's being harmed from drinking tap water. It's all just been keepers saying that they don't give it as they don't like to take a chance. I'd really like to hear what the evidence actually is.

In fact, I used straight tap water for a while myself until I realised that a lot of keepers don't.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Thought I'd share a really nice little video I've seen online of one drinking, where you can see the mouth at work.

Ignore the sensationalist article. However, the video is good.