• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water in Eco Earth question.

ALD

3 Year Member
My B Albopilosum is in pre molt and I have been overflowing her water dish in the one corner for her as she seems to have been hanging around it for the extra humidity. I noticed when I gave her fresh water this evening that the water has been going down in the Eco Earth. To the bottom of the critter keeper she is in. It's a darker color. There is no debris or anything in this enclosure yet, so I am assuming it is fine and will dry out over time. I will not overflow any further. Just looking for some input. In your opinion Eco Earth with nothing else in in- no debris should not mold, right?
Thanks in advance.

ALD

3 Year Member
Photo to show what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_20180828_192335.jpg
    IMG_20180828_192335.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 41

ALD

3 Year Member
As long as you have good air flow and let it dry out between waterings then you shouldn't have a mold problem.
Yeah. I need to let it dry out. Had no idea it was building up under the substrate like that. Thanks for the input.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Its suppose to be like that...the top layers should be dry. The T will burrow down to the moisture level it desires. Your substrate looks a little too dry to me...especially for a critter keeper. They dry out extremely fast.

Latest posts