• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

water dishes?

shaun

3 Year Member
Am trying to get the right set up for my pinktoe.
After reading info sheets online, I put a shallow water dish (it was a plastic milk container cap) on the enclosure floor.
I then joined this forum and was advised to put the dish " off the floor". I have located it halfway up an upturned hollow log that she has taken to spending a lot of time in.
I have seen photos of big water dishes, should I put something deeper in there?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most people find that bottle caps do the trick-you find yourself looking at every little plastic pot,lid ,receptical of somesort thinking to yourself 'I can find a use for that with my Ts!':D

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I bought plastic Petri dishes from Ebay, being very clear they don't stand out much and each dish provides a shallow dish and a deeper dish. They're also very cheap. The drawback is that they warp if soaked in boiling water because they are made to be disposable. The ones I'm using are 3.5cm but they come in a range of sizes.
Oh, and if water wicking out due to the substrate is a problem, one half can be used upsidedown as a base for the other half.

shaun

3 Year Member
I bought plastic Petri dishes from Ebay, being very clear they don't stand out much and each dish provides a shallow dish and a deeper dish. They're also very cheap. The drawback is that they warp if soaked in boiling water because they are made to be disposable. The ones I'm using are 3.5cm but they come in a range of sizes.
Oh, and if water wicking out due to the substrate is a problem, one half can be used upsidedown as a base for the other half.
Thanks very much Dave

Latest posts