• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Water dish size

shaun

3 Year Member
Are there any accepted guidelines on this subject?
I have been using bottle caps ( about 1" in diameter)
Any alternative suggestions appreciated

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi Shaun,
The bottle cap is always good for slings. I upgrade to larger dish depending on the size of the T and the size of the enclosure. As an example, my T. blondi water dish is close to a swimming pool size ;)

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Are there any accepted guidelines on this subject?
I have been using bottle caps ( about 1" in diameter)
Any alternative suggestions appreciated
I use milk caps for my juveniles and Coca-Cola caps for larger slings after they grow on I opt for 2oz deli pots or 4oz if its dry enclosure and evaporate quickly.
Regards Konstantin

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Sometimes if the tarantula is a fussy eater I put resin ones as crickets always drown in the deli cups before the tarantula gets to them and they can get out of the resin ones but some of the resin ones doesn't hold water well

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If using a water dish for Tiny slings you can use tattoo ink pots :) otherwise standard fizzy pop bottle tops or milk bottles tops are great for juvie size upwards and adults Ts we like to use glass cheesecake dishes(GU cheesecake) or coffee jar lids

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If using a water dish for Tiny slings you can use tattoo ink pots :) otherwise standard fizzy pop bottle tops or milk bottles tops are great for juvie size upwards and adults Ts we like to use glass cheesecake dishes(GU cheesecake) or coffee jar lids
I use moss for tiny slings and don't provide a water dish due to size of enclosures. JM2C

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I use moss for tiny slings and don't provide a water dish due to size of enclosures. JM2C
Smallest thing we use to house tiny slings is a 1oz or 4oz deli cup.. We don't use vials at all so can easily accommodate a tattoo ink pot for water, we do use moss to so I get why you use that on its own with no dish :)

Latest posts