• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Warning!!!!! Warning!!!!

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
DO NOT DEAL WITH MARY ANDERSON, its a scam!!! I ordered a Mexican Redknee from this person and it never delivered! Said it was shipped and five days later said they needed more money for delivery. Do not order from this person!!

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
This person contacted me today said that they received the package back. They said it was shipped via Uship Express. I have never herd of them before and done some research and found out that the service works with bids on deliveries. I still don't know how it works but i did get the package reshipped via Fed-Ex. I will update this thread when and if the package arrives.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Have you received a tracking number?
Anxious to hear how this pans out.
Hopefully its good news and shipped today.

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
As of now i haven't herd anything. This person does contact me late at night or has been. I will update this thread soon as i know for sure.

Ghost

3 Year Member
I'm sorry to hear that you've still not had any word on a tracking number yet,I had hoped that after your post on Wednesday that you where going to get this resolved.

I think if this person was really legit you would have heard from them by now as they had time to come on here yesterday and post a reply in the wanted section,Then you would think that they could have at least had the time to send you the tracking number.

Have you contacted Josh about this?
As I think it's time this person had their account deleted on this forum just so they can't scam anymore unsuspecting members......

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
I'm not sure what this person is trying to accomplish, but I know they are not helping them selves. Bad business will result in no business in a hurry.

I am fairly new to this site myself, I'm not acquainted with many people on here yet. Is Josh the site's narrator? I will like to contact him in a couple more days at least. If my package hasn't arrived.

Even if it does arrive this person has already caused enough damage to themself that I don't think it will be a problem.

Ghost

3 Year Member
Yes Josh is the Admin on the forum and has the Banning Buttons at his fingertips.

I hope that this experience has not put you of using this forum as the majority of the members are here for the love of the hobby,but just like any forum one or two bad apples pop up now and then.....

Therasoid

3 Year Member
No, i understand how some people can be and i really think sites like this are the best way to weed them out.

As many people that are on here, we can all work together with experiences like this and grow from it.
Awesome attitude Daniel! Much respect to you.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hope Josh bans her soon. People like her ruin it for those of us with pure intentions. I have been victim (not of scam) of DOA's that werent replaced or refunded so I can relate to how you put money into something to receive nothing at all out of it but a lesson learned. Hopefully, one day we will be able to use IP addresses to stop scammers that use different email addresses to be able to perform their scams. Perhaps there is a way for mods to do this? I mean, how often is it you get a scammer working from one computer and then a "decent" person using it? (Unless, of course, they use computers available to the public)

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
At this day and time anything is possible. The main thing in my opinion is to do everything you can to protect your self.

Paypal is one way and shipping COD in some cases is another.

I should have took my own advise HUH?

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
I posted this same information on Fuanaclassifieds and that site doesn't allow claims to be posted without proof and the post must be written a certain way.

I guess that site welcomes scammers, i can't see why a negative post on anyone would be inappropriate, in this case anyway.

I would say be careful with that site and research with who you deal with there.

At least here you can post and try to spread the word and if the other party has something to say about it they can.

I see were this person has already been on several sites already. I would want this information on all sites ( my opinion).

AceTRetreat

3 Year Member
Dan --- Having been into reptiles a little longer than T's and bugs ... I am a member of that site. I know they are very particular how you post and it must be in a proper format .. that is the owner of the sites prerogative. You must also supply proof via emails, PayPal correspondences, texts, etc ... so as to be able to post. While this may seem excessive and as if they are protecting the scammers .. this is America where last time I checked one was innocent till proven guilty ... and they do insist you have documentation and proof. This in their opinion ... this prevents someone who just doesn't like you or has a personal grudge with you from going there and attempting to destroy your reputation and hard work falsely (reptile and T people can both be very opinionated and strong-willed) ... this is a compliment to our passion for our hobbies!
Hope this makes some sense to you .. I do understand your frustration in this case and do admire your desire to keep all the honest folk enlightened and from falling prey to deceptive people ... my writing here was not to challenge or confront you .. just to try and explain their logic and method of operation ... right or wrong ... agree or disagree!
Sorry you had such a negative experience ... we all love our hobbies and try to protect them and make it pleasurable for all of those involved :)

Thanks for your vigilance here and commitment to the hobby!

Daniel Gann

3 Year Member
Thanks for the thread and i will just say im going to leave it along at this point and not waste any more time on the debate.

I am fairly new to the hobby and i have 6 different species of pets i own.

I think that all the sites and forms that are available today anyone could easily get in the situation I got myself into.

Fuanaclassifieds and others are a great tool to have in the animal hobby.

I got my Cuban Rock Iguana from Fuanaclassifeds site and had a good experience in doing so.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A friend of mine (in the T hobby as well), ordered $500 worth of tarantulas from a guy - sent him walmart to walmart payment. She never receives tarantulas and when she asks him about it his reply was something like "that was my girlfriend you sent money to- it was her id she used to pick it up- we arent together anymore".....and that was that. this also happened on fauna. there are people on all forums that will try and scam you. everyone of them have at least 1-2 people that will literally f*ck you over! thats why im very cautious about who i deal with. all you scammers out there, go ahead and keep it up. one day you'll get a knock on your door because you've messed with the wrong person's money!!!! that's laughable! just saying- there are people out there that care enough to do it!!!!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I do, however, agree with Ace. There are some situations where issues arise from a vendetta. In that case, someone can easily ruin your name in the hobby whether or not you truly deserved it so evidence would be relevant. However, in this case, trying to contact this person myself, i feel that is not the case.