• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Waiting for my new Ts!

Agno

3 Year Member
I've been here for a little while now!
I have an A. versi (must have moulted 7-8 times)! I bought it as a present for my bf but ended up raising her myself so far! :rolleyes:
So to make up for it, this year I'm buying him another Versi! I'll raise the new sling that I ordered and will give him the older one.
But...I wanted another T also and was not sure what to get. We sat down with my bf searching over what to get... I don't know why we got hooked on getting a P. metallica (well, because they are beautiful). We know they're not a species for beginners and have dangerous venom. Fortunately I'd say, it was a bit expensive for us at the moment. Then there was P. Ornata... (gorgeous too). I added the versi and her in the buying cart but I juuuust had that feeling...was not 100% whether to get the Pokie or not. Well, last moment I changed my mind.... got a B. boehmei instead.
I just didn't feel like we are ready for a Pokie yet! Waiting for the two new slings to arrive now! :T:

Thistles

3 Year Member
That was a good choice. I think B. boehmei is one of the most beautiful in that genus. If you've only had the versi you're right to be a little hesitant to get a pokie. They're fast and my P. ornata are pretty nasty! Congratulations on your beautiful new babies.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've been here for a little while now!
I have an A. versi (must have moulted 7-8 times)! I bought it as a present for my bf but ended up raising her myself so far! :rolleyes:
So to make up for it, this year I'm buying him another Versi! I'll raise the new sling that I ordered and will give him the older one.
But...I wanted another T also and was not sure what to get. We sat down with my bf searching over what to get... I don't know why we got hooked on getting a P. metallica (well, because they are beautiful). We know they're not a species for beginners and have dangerous venom. Fortunately I'd say, it was a bit expensive for us at the moment. Then there was P. Ornata... (gorgeous too). I added the versi and her in the buying cart but I juuuust had that feeling...was not 100% whether to get the Pokie or not. Well, last moment I changed my mind.... got a B. boehmei instead.
I just didn't feel like we are ready for a Pokie yet! Waiting for the two new slings to arrive now! :T:
I think that was a very good decision. B. Boheimi are lovely. Fantastic colours and much better temperament than Pokies. My female is actually probably the most aggressive eater I have seen. My smithi will sit with a cricket on her and not do anything about it (there is a pic in my album thread....lol) but the boheimi jumps on any prey that moves. It's also fun to drop water on the sub as she thinks that is prey and darts after the water but she seems to be he exception as none of the other Brachy's or boheimi I have owned in 2₩odd years of keeping have ever been like that and so a very very good choice. I am sure you will be pokie ready in no time ☺

Agno

3 Year Member
My Ts arrived but the Versicolor sling was dead :( the abdomen was crushed and there were stains all over the paper. It was a second instar sling I think, around 1-1.5cm legspan. I feel sad. Do you guys think I have the right to request another one free of charge?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My Ts arrived but the Versicolor sling was dead :( the abdomen was crushed and there were stains all over the paper. It was a second instar sling I think, around 1-1.5cm legspan. I feel sad. Do you guys think I have the right to request another one free of charge?

Yes, it sounds as though it was poorly packed.

Agno

3 Year Member
Did that :/ they told me that their terms and conditions state that they only send on buyers risk and that it was just a bad luck mine died but since I told them I've purchased from them before and would buy again in the future, they told me they'll send me an extra Versi free of charge on my next purchase.
Better than nothing I guess... I still think it was the packaging fault tho, there was too much space for that sling in the container.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good for you. You now have an excuse to buy more Ts soon :)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wait..so they get to poorly pack, cause the death of an innocent creature, then tell you sorry.. tough luck? Then they have the sheer audacity to suggest you order from them AGAIN so they can replace the sling they by rights should be replacing anyway?!?
This is why I prefer my T's to most people.
Who was this please so I can put them on my do not buy list.

Agno

3 Year Member
I know Kymura, I felt a bit let down too but I don't feel right sharing their name. I think they are well known in the business and a lot of people purchase from them so I will give them another chance and just take their word this time that it was just a mishappening.

VanessaS

3 Year Member
I'm with @Kymura on this one. Why let another person go through what you have? If it was poorly packaged, which it does very much sound as if it was, then that is on them. How dare they put that back on you!
I would be taking lots of photos and giving them a poor review for this. Yes, accidents happen and people shouldn't get a bad review for a DOA if they did their job properly, but the way they treated you after the fact makes a bad review well deserved.
What a horrible experience!! Credit or not - I would never order from them again. Not when there are some awesome sellers out there who do right by their buyers.
I'm so sorry.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
  1. folks that 'only' send buyers risk already give me issues.
  2. a stained towel, w/crushed abdomen...how is that buyers risk in any way shape or form?
  3. No matter how well known, there's obviously a problem with some of their practices. Hence: why they only ship under buyers risk.
  4. Folks not wanted to share bad reviews just perpetrates them continuing these practices, thereby leaving someone else to have the same experience you just had.
Obviously what you choose to do is entirely up to you. Things like this are just so damned unnecessary.
Yes, Things happen, and occasionally slings die. This however sounds like pure negligence.
Honey I'm sooo sorry about your baby. This should NOT have happened.

Latest posts