• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vinegaroon care

auganator

3 Year Member
I live in south Florida, this morning i found my cat playing with a giant whip scorpion about 2.5in body length. Its a bit shell shocked but i think he will be fine, that being said i kinda wanna keep him. I know most of you are probably against keeping wild caught, but i figure since most likely if i purchase one online it will be wild caught (probably from the same area also) i might swell cut out the middle man. I figure care should be easy, just take some dirt/plants/sticks/leaves/logs from the Forrest in my backyard that it probably grew up in and call it good but i want to know if anyone else has any input, and if these guys are even worth keeping, i know some people own them but i dont know if they are like pet rocks or more active.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Surprisingly, these guys are actually arboreals. I would set up the enclosure as you would a tropical arboreal T. Mine loves humidity and when the tank gets dry, he climbs down his bark climb and hubs the substrate to absorb the humidity. I would suggest misting the tank twice a week and have a water dish in there. I feed mine small crickets but they could probably eat larger.

auganator

3 Year Member
Surprisingly, these guys are actually arboreals. I would set up the enclosure as you would a tropical arboreal T. Mine loves humidity and when the tank gets dry, he climbs down his bark climb and hubs the substrate to absorb the humidity. I would suggest misting the tank twice a week and have a water dish in there. I feed mine small crickets but they could probably eat larger.
thanks, he has eaten a small cricket so far, sadly i didnt get to see it. I put a piece of bark in there at an angle and he seem to enjoy hugging the underside of it. interesting little fellow for sure.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine loves the mist water. Uses it's whips to gather it up and drink it. Once they have water, it seems like they are more aggressive feeders. You will see it soon enough and it is truly spectacular viewing.

Latest posts