• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Very Old MM G porteri Still Trying.

Rick Stallard

3 Year Member
I was into breeding snakes for 20+ years. I got out and am now into Ts. A great friend of mine gave me a MF G porteri. Another great friend gave me a MM, that is atleast 16+ months past ultimate molt. When I got them I exchanged some webbing and waited. Couple days later he made a sperm web. I was able to watch the whole process, amazing. Around 3-4 days later I put him in with her, thinking that she might kill him. they has a stare down for 15 min. He moved towards her VERY slowly. When they could touch eachother, he raised her up, they locked up and he got a very good insertion. He pushed her back to the side and held her there. After 3-4 min. she kind of pushed him back, he didn't want to go, but she's bigger. When they separated I saw her fangs were really out, about that time he turned and Ran out of the box and up the wall. Guess he could tell!! So very happy he still had it in him. 3 days later he made another sperm web!! 6 days later (today) I gave him another try. As soon as I put him in and she saw him she ran over, stopped and raised her front legs. I knew she was going to attack and kill him. Instead he moved in, she raised up and they went at it hard for 3-4 min. When she looked done (he was not) i separated them. She just walked away and he walked right up on to my hand and back in his home. I'll bet he makes another sperm web. Not bad for a guy way past his prime. We will know in a couple months.

Last edited by a moderator: