• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Versi baby just molted...quick question?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
My A. versi sling just molted literally a few minutes ago (not even flipped back over yet). I was just peering in when I noticed a tiny ball of white mold on the substrate, so obviously I have to throw out the sub and replace it.

My concern is, I'm leaving for a week day after tomorrow, so I only have tomorrow to do it. Will my sling be sufficiently "hardened" if I wait til tomorrow evening? That will give it over 24 hrs. I'm just thinking worse case scenario, like if I have to move the sling. I've read you shouldn't touch Ts until they begin accepting food again, but I won't be feeding it now until I get back so I won't be able to tell that way. And I don't want to wait a week before I change the sub.

Any tips ASAP would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Can you just throw out the bit where the mold is without disturbing her and sort it out when you get back ?

Sabeth

3 Year Member
I could have done that. I was afraid if there was one speck there might be lots more that were just not visible yet and I would come home to a mess. :oops: This morning I was able to coax the sling into a small vial and I did get to do a complete change. Thank you for helping! :)

Latest posts