• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Velma's on her back!!!!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just saw her at about ten past six! She's on her back. She's not started moulting yet. I am almost tempted to skip class today!

*squee*

I will be back in about 7 hours. Do you think I need to have someone stop in am check her or am I being paranoid? She's a sub adult female B. vagans about 3-4 inches. She's perfectly healthy. She's just the first of my big guys to molt.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Go Velma! Sure she will be fine they know what they are doing. Sending good moult wishes like you did for Ramases that day

Atx13

3 Year Member
Congrats, the moulting process could be awhile, i'd just let her do her thing and see her fresh colors when ya get home :).

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She went from around 3 inches to around 5! And she's so red! And skinny!

Do you guys think she's matured? Or another molt or so to go?

Attachments

• photo(24).JPG
    photo(24).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • photo(26).JPG
    photo(26).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 14
  • photo(27).JPG
    photo(27).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14
  • photo(28).JPG
    photo(28).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • photo(30).JPG
    photo(30).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 14

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wanted to mention I did find it interesting that as soon as I opened her container she started kicking hairs...and in fact kicks hairs when she sees me walk near the container. She's never done that. Is it just because she's uber sensitive from molting or is this one of those odd behavior changes people talk about after a molt?

Tguy

3 Year Member
could be a little of both ..lol ..i don't think she is mature but she sure is beautiful.....you should just leave her be a few days to harden up they are very fragile after molt

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wasn't planning on bugging her...but when I put the tape in to get a reference she reached out and inspected it...I had to wait about 40 min to get it out of her enclosure! She's slowly moving...changed position about 3-4 times in 6 hours.

So happy with how pretty she is now. But so skinny! I am sure she will be back to her ravenous self in no time. :)

Tguy

3 Year Member
I wasn't planning on bugging her...but when I put the tape in to get a reference she reached out and inspected it...I had to wait about 40 min to get it out of her enclosure! She's slowly moving...changed position about 3-4 times in 6 hours.

So happy with how pretty she is now. But so skinny! I am sure she will be back to her ravenous self in no time. :)
she has to harden before she can really get around i would give her 6 days solid before you offer food ....sure hope my is a female ...hopefully i can get a decent skin to sex next molt

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll know when she's ready...she sticks to her hide except when she's hungry. Then she's all over the place. She moved back to her hide about 9 last night and I haven't seen her since.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll know when she's ready...she sticks to her hide except when she's hungry. Then she's all over the place. She moved back to her hide about 9 last night and I haven't seen her since.
She will soon be stuffing her face again. I feel shocked how skinny some of mine look after moulting. Your baby looks gorgeous db.

Listershat

3 Year Member
My 2 inch Black & White Birdeater shed over the weekend, now needs a new tank pretty soon. This morning I saw my Red Knee on her back too, more expense! ;) Those & the Salmon Pink are really quick growers compared with any of the others.

Latest posts