• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vagrans Burrow?

RyanT

3 Year Member
Hi everyone
Yesterday I received my first Brachypelma Vagrans sling about 4 cm in size. I am aware that this species loves to burrow, so I decided to put a small plastic tube in the substrate for it to hide in. I am now second guessing myself and wondering if I should have done that or not. The sling went straight for the man made burrow and seems to like it however it has only been about 12 hours. What I'm asking is should I have done that ? Or should I have left it to make its own. Will my little Vagans web inside, outside and around it. I don't want to stress it out by removing it if I don't have to. I'm gonna post a pic of the little burrow, it is deep enough for it to be completely concealed in the safety of darkness.

Any advice would be great

Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No worries. Leave it there. Tarantulas are opportunistic, why dig a burrow when there is a ready made one available.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My vagans used the man made i gave him then dug from that to make his own tunnels. Mine hasn't webbed at all, except in the sub it's pushing from the tunnels

RyanT

3 Year Member
Yea he is now redecorating again. He has removed the roof of his little house and is rebuilding it. It's so cool watching this little T at work.

Latest posts