• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vagans sling

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
image.jpeg
my 1.1/4" vagans sling I call "skully"

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
My G. Pulchra is working on a molt but is only the size of an eraser. I can't wait till she gets bigger and starts getting some color. This hobby definitely teaches u patients. She has been rubbing hairs off the butt all evening and has not ate for 2 days (usually eats every day, such a veracious eater) so hopefully close. Can't wait to c how much bigger she will b afterward.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My G. Pulchra is working on a molt but is only the size of an eraser. I can't wait till she gets bigger and starts getting some color. This hobby definitely teaches u patients. She has been rubbing hairs off the butt all evening and has not ate for 2 days (usually eats every day, such a veracious eater) so hopefully close. Can't wait to c how much bigger she will b afterward.
Yeah they will kick they hairs on silk strand before a molt as a line of protection. Such interesting Little creatures they are. Some of them take time. With my LP it closed off its burrow and I didnt see it for about 2 weeks. Then i see the burrow open and the molt balled up and shuve in the corner. Kinda like they take their trash out, lol.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tho i never caught any of mine molting. I discover it after the fact. But i hope to catch it happening one day.

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Yeah they will kick they hairs on silk strand before a molt as a line of protection. Such interesting Little creatures they are. Some of them take time. With my LP it closed off its burrow and I didnt see it for about 2 weeks. Then i see the burrow open and the molt balled up and shuve in the corner. Kinda like they take their trash out, lol.

This goofy girl has no webs or even a tiny little strand anywhere but she is almost bald butt. Lol

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This goofy girl has no webs or even a tiny little strand anywhere but she is almost bald butt. Lol
Some times they are hard to see. Since they are little. But even if its in the substrate its affective. Maybe not so much as slings for us. But as they get bigger. Its a good idea to wear gloves when changing out substrate .

Pearl Dusenbery

3 Year Member
Never thought about that. Thanks for pointing it out. As long as she's in a small container I plan to just make a new home in a new container and move her over then dump the old substrate in the compost bucket so I don't have to touch it.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
at that size you won't even notice the hairs. once they get 3 or 4 inches they'll start to irritate.

Latest posts