• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT! !!!!

newtots

3 Year Member
My pink zebra beauty sling was in her death pose when i checked on her tonight (don't actually know gender) I thought she was dead but when i picked up the container she moved a little. . I don't know if shes just dehydrated or what! I have her in an icu right now but is there anything else i can do??!! I just had so much going on last month that everything got away from me and i thought that the ts would be ok ..I didn't leave them long and if it wasn't a family emergency I wouldn't have at all. Any advice would be appreciated. .I just hope she pulls through :(

newtots

3 Year Member
i checked this morning and she's out of her death pose and happily moving... i'm going to keep her in icu for another day or 2 just in case. is there anything i can do to help keep her soil more moist?? would a bit of paper towel under the substrate help or would it just premote mold???

Ghost

3 Year Member
i checked this morning and she's out of her death pose and happily moving... i'm going to keep her in icu for another day or 2 just in case. is there anything i can do to help keep her soil more moist?? would a bit of paper towel under the substrate help or would it just premote mold???

What substrate are you using? If its coco fiber then it won't hold moisture that well,I use top soil mixed with a bit of vermiculite for my slings as it holds moisture much better or you can use peat moss,but I wouldn't put paper towel under the substrate no matter what size the enclosure.
Now this is only my opinion from my experience of keeping T's for many years,but I probably don't know what I'm talking about Lol....

spidey noob

3 Year Member
how do u have the substrate ie how wet ??? i personaly keep it very moist for slings as they do need higher hummidty regard less of spices !!!
as ghost says there are other substrates that will hold moisture better so maybe worth looking into, but im thinking u may just need to mist a bit more regularly !!!

EZGodmod

3 Year Member
I've had really good luck with this stuff called Jungle Mix. Can't remember who makes it at the moment, but it is cheap, retains a decent amount of moisture, and I sometimes mix it with the coco fiber if I need to keep it dryer. My H.lividums burrowed and made nice caverns in the stuff too.

Also, not sure of peoples take on terrarium moss, but I added some off that to the one cobalt tank and it seems to get moisture from the moss as opposed to the cap of water. Might not hurt to keep a small bit in the tank misted occasionally.

Latest posts