• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT!!!! VERSI SLING WONT EAT AND ITS NOT IN PREMOLT!!!

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
HELP! my versi sling hasnt eaten for 2 weeks. She's drinking the droplets of water on the side of her enclosure, but she wont eat. she's about 3/4" to 1". will i have to forcefeed? how do i do that with such a small sling? Advice is much appreciated.

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
HELP! my versi sling hasnt eaten for 2 weeks. She's drinking the droplets of water on the side of her enclosure, but she wont eat. she's about 3/4" to 1". will i have to forcefeed? how do i do that with such a small sling? Advice is much appreciated.
Hello
First off a photo of the enclosure and specimen would help greatly, what size prey do you feed it ? Shouldn't be anything larger than the abdomen, just my personal view. If it is in premolt,you will see it move sluggish drink more water and avoid prey if it is still small darkening of the mirror patch is harder to see.

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
i know. im feeding her baby supers (i breed them) and shes still not eating them. shes not drinking more and her colors are bright as ever. shes in a 1/2 gallon rubbermaid jar and nothing looks abnormal. her fangs are fine.

tcrave

3 Year Member
slings will molt several times a year. my avic molts every month with it was just 3/4 of and inch then she molted every two months.now she molts every 4 months and now she is 4 inches. just give your sling time. try offering it a small cricket. take it out if she dont eat it take the cricket out. and try again three days later. if her abdomen is plum i would not worry to much. bothering it to much can cause stress.
What is the temp and humidity?. just like martin posted above a pic would help