• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Urgent question

Lescone

Hi people, sorry for the quick short introduction but I have an urgent question.
I think my pink toe has just started jolting, it's been webbing around it's water dish the last couple of days, half hour ago it was on its side in the water dish (water dish is empty) but now it's kind of flopped down almost the right way up but against the glass, it looks like a really awkward position, anyway, should I flip it over onto it's back?
Again sorry for the extremely short hello but I'm panicking

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
I would leave it alone— don’t touch! I’ve had my T’s lay in what I thought was odd an position and they were just fine. If you’re really concerned you could post a photo —

Lescone

I would leave it alone— don’t touch! I’ve had my T’s lay in what I thought was odd an position and they were just fine. If you’re really concerned you could post a photo —
I couldn't get a decent pic without opening the tank to take one, it panicked a bit, tried pushing itself on the glass but kept slipping on it, now it's kind of upright but still looks a little awkward. I noticed it was sliding down the glass yesterday too

Attachments

• 20201224_205555.jpg
    20201224_205555.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Yeh, don’t try move it. Never ever flip a tarantula over onto its back or flip it back upright. You could seriously harm it. Yours looks healthy enough— looks like it’s quite comfy to me. Is he/she taking food ok? When was the last time it ate? I think this species makes a web hammock before molting?

Lescone

Last time it ate was about 2-3 weeks ago. It has been drinking regularly for last week or 2 though. Yea it webbed up an area last time it molted, just caught me off guard when I seen it on its side, it looks like it keeps trying to push itself over but keeps slipping and has one of its pedipalps caught in its web, you can see in pic where it's peeled up from the corner of its tank. I'll take your advice and leave it though, hopefully a "new" T for Christmas

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Do you have enough cross ventilation in its enclosure? Area where it can climb up higher— like a piece of cork bark? I know these guys are aboreal and like to hang in trees. I personally don’t have an A. avicularia— hopefully someone on this forum will contribute some helpful information. Not eating for awhile can be a sign of an upcoming molt. They also can get a bit sluggish.
A ‘new’ T for Christmas— what species? That’s exciting!

Lescone

Sorry, I meant a fresh new T from molting, I wish I was getting a new one though. It is definitely molting, I can see it wriggling slightly, so panic over I've got mesh on top and air holes across the from so cross ventilation should be ok. I've got vines and plastic hanging plants for it climb and it's made its home in an upright hollowed out log

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Sorry, I meant a fresh new T from molting, I wish I was getting a new one though. It is definitely molting, I can see it wriggling slightly, so panic over I've got mesh on top and air holes across the from so cross ventilation should be ok. I've got vines and plastic hanging plants for it climb and it's made its home in an upright hollowed out log
:) lol....sorry, I was a bit slow on that.
Hopefully you will have a newly suited T soon. Keep us posted— welcome to the forum btw. Really nice group of folks here.
Next time you have a question concerning your T you might want to put it under a different forum topic like Tarantula Discussion —
Happy Holidays ⛄

Lescone

:) lol....sorry, I was a bit slow on that.
Hopefully you will have a newly suited T soon. Keep us posted— welcome to the forum btw. Really nice group of folks here.
Next time you have a question concerning your T you might want to put it under a different forum topic like Tarantula Discussion —
Happy Holidays ⛄
Haha no worries.
It's nearly out now, just the lower half of the legs to go.
Yea I will, I just didn't want to jump straight in without introducing myself first, so thought I'd combine them in a panic :D
Thanks poppy, all the best :)

Latest posts