• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

URGENT HELP NEEDED.

LGTARANTULAS

3 Year Member
I just came home and I think my P. Metallica male is beginning to death curl. He had moulted once since I received him, and after that I tried to feed him multiple times and he did not eat. I kept the enclosure moist making sure he has water. Though I even tried giving food on tongs but he gave me treat postures before. Right now I'm going to stroke his back leg and see if he begins to move, if not. I'll scoop him up and place him into an ICU. Suggestions would be greatful.

Just to add, he stopped using his hide (cork bark) a couple weeks ago for whatever reason.

Attachments

• DSC_0322.JPG
    DSC_0322.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 15

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd leave him be and just trickle some water onto the sub right in front of him. The chances are he'll just slip away if he's an MM. I always prefer to let them go in their home where they've been happy than to mess them around, stressing them at the end.

LGTARANTULAS

3 Year Member
I'd leave him be and just trickle some water onto the sub right in front of him. The chances are he'll just slip away if he's an MM. I always prefer to let them go in their home where they've been happy than to mess them around, stressing them at the end.
I understand that, but I don't want to easily give up on the little guy. I've already put him into an ICU. Sprayed it with warm water and put a towel over one side to reduce stress and keep him warm while still having ventilation flow through for him.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Icu's cause more stress. Hardly ever effective. Easy on the moist substrate...dry side and moisture around the water dish is fine....if you can roll him on his back you can give him a drop of water...they drink slow so don't over do it. Leave him in his enclosure though.

LGTARANTULAS

3 Year Member
Icu's cause more stress. Hardly ever effective. Easy on the moist substrate...dry side and moisture around the water dish is fine....if you can roll him on his back you can give him a drop of water...they drink slow so don't over do it. Leave him in his enclosure though.
Are you sure I should move him back into the enclosure?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Put his hide on the dry side and see if he improves...starting to sound like too much moisture. I keep mine dry...in fact all my pokies water dishes are glued up high in the enclosures so the substrate stays dry except what trickles down the wall...which isn't much. They aren't tropical...they don't do well in soggy environments. Warm and arid with the occasional rain shower. I do make it rain weekly but it dries out.