• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Update on my first Tarantula Molting. its bad!

JC1

3 Year Member
Hi guys

Im saddened to announce that my very first Tarantula has passed away. It was during molting, and lasted 3 days! after many cautious attempts to save it, was it too late.

It was my very first Tarantula.... and i failed!

Info

Curlyhair Tarantula - about 2 cm sling (first molt in my care)
Coco Peat Soil
70 x 70 x 70 mm class cage
molt duration: 3 days
death during molting process
diet: mealworms

In my care: 1 month, 1 week.

May it rest in peace! its in a good place now! Farewell little guy! you were LOVED and ADORED! i will never forget my very first Tarantula!

:(:(:( RIP Frikkie!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so sorry that Frikkie didn't make it :( but please don't let it put you off keeping Ts. Sadly these things do happen occasionally no matter how careful we are with their care.

Jakob

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear man. Slings are delicate and you didn't do anything wrong, just a bad molt.
I recently got two slings as my first T's. I'll be worried sick about them until they are 1"+.

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
Hi guys

Im saddened to announce that my very first Tarantula has passed away. It was during molting, and lasted 3 days! after many cautious attempts to save it, was it too late.

It was my very first Tarantula.... and i failed!

Info

Curlyhair Tarantula - about 2 cm sling (first molt in my care)
Coco Peat Soil
70 x 70 x 70 mm class cage
molt duration: 3 days
death during molting process
diet: mealworms

In my care: 1 month, 1 week.

May it rest in peace! its in a good place now! Farewell little guy! you were LOVED and ADORED! i will never forget my very first Tarantula!

:(:(:( RIP Frikkie!
Oh no.. So sorry to hear that. I feel terrible about the little one

Latest posts