• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Up and down kind of day.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Mixed emotions today, sadly my little C.bertae is gone, its been half curled for 24 hours so decided to try to move it and its lifeless. It was a small juvenile and just ate a few days ago so wasn't old or unhealthy. It would climb its enclosure a lot so I suspect a fall is the cause seeing it was perfectly healthy just a few days ago but it happens.
_20170914_225308.JPG

On the bright side my A.seemanni which lost a leg 2 molts ago and regenerated a new leg in her previous molt has molted again. Her new leg was stuby last molt so hoping to see a completely regenerated leg when she finally comes out of her burrow. I can only see through the bottom of the enclosure so can't get a good look but I see a fresh shed and 8 legs so that cheers me up a little bit.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so sorry you've lost your C. bertae :( but great news on the A. seemanni regrowing her leg :)

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Sorry to hear that bud... How much height could it climb?
Just had him in a little 3"Wx5"H enclosure half filled with substrate so only had abou 2 1/2" to climb but he was only 1 1/2" so not really that high but guess enough to do the job but I've always kept my slings and small juveniles the same way and never a problem before. It could just be bad luck too, we all have that one that goes unexpectedly with no answers.