• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ultimate Male aggression

Phobik1

3 Year Member
I keep mainly terrestrials simply because i like to abserve them but also, many can be fairly relaxed and easy to rehouse or do cleaning. My question is when a male becomes mature does he automatically become more aggressive because he is looking to mate or does it really matter?

timc

3 Year Member
Not in my experience. If anything it might make them more skittish and prone to bolt, if only because the instinct is to not get killed when they’re all ready to mate. Do you have a mature male displaying signs of aggression?

Phobik1

3 Year Member
Not in my experience. If anything it might make them more skittish and prone to bolt, if only because the instinct is to not get killed when they’re all ready to mate. Do you have a mature male displaying signs of aggression?
I have a mm that i have never handled. Hes alway been cool, maybe a lil bit skittish. I would really like to let him out once for a stroll and maybe handle him just once. Get some good photos. Also wish i could find him a suitable female as the girl i have is not quite up to size.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No, they may become restless, as they will constantly be pacing around their enclosure in order to attempt to seek out a male. Any defensiveness would just be a normal individual personality trait (or mood at the moment).

Latest posts