• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US UgghMORPH MARKET…horrible shipping

ryanm7277

So I am a new keeper, literally just got my first tarantulas from an online dealer. So to my horror and shock, when I opened the box and saw the cutest curly hair starting up at me. And then noticed it was basically on top of my A Semani, how do I know if they are ok? Sadly they beat all the enclosure stuff coming from Amazon as I stated in an earlier post, the seller shipped even though I asked him not to. Thankfully he shipped them with some substrate but I don’t think this is a good way to package the spiders as I am sure in transport, two of the pint containers which weren’t secured with tape opened. Happily only 2 got out, lesson learned, some deals while great, have extra costs involved.

Super stoked to have my new jeveniles, will post pics when my nerves are a little more settled.

Attachments

• 0E9801BF-5242-4625-ACF7-F479FB0CA7E0.jpeg
    0E9801BF-5242-4625-ACF7-F479FB0CA7E0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
  • A06EAA16-486A-4685-A8C1-C15B6B7466F3.jpeg
    A06EAA16-486A-4685-A8C1-C15B6B7466F3.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47

ryanm7277

They're not ok. One spider is eating the other.
Dude, this was when I first opened the box I was able to seperate them, luckily and they are both back in their perspective containers/corners......mortal combat, luckily seemed to go ok and they both servived and it looks like neither is harmed, I have them both in pint containers at the moment and I am watching to make sure neither one is dripping/bleeding, hopefully they are both unharmed.

Tn tarantula

Dude, this was when I first opened the box I was able to seperate them, luckily and they are both back in their perspective containers/corners......mortal combat, luckily seemed to go ok and they both servived and it looks like neither is harmed, I have them both in pint containers at the moment and I am watching to make sure neither one is dripping/bleeding, hopefully they are both unharmed.
That's is absolutely horrible how they did that apparently they had no clue because any good reputable breeder or store would have never done that

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So they were shipped in containers and escaped? Or they were shipped in the box like that? Any reputable dealer in their "right mind" would never ship tarantulas outside of the containers in a box like that and if they were shipped in containers they should've been properly surrounded by soft, slightly damp paper towel. The containers should've been properly sealed with tape if the lids were loose or didn't fit the cup. That's just unacceptable. Too many horrible factors (including your picture) of things that could go wrong with improper packing.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Enn49 can you move this to reviews? I think people should be cautious buying from this vendor.
I agree with that because that whole thing should have never happened

I was about to move it anyway.

So I am a new keeper, literally just got my first tarantulas from an online dealer. So to my horror and shock, when I opened the box and saw the cutest curly hair starting up at me. And then noticed it was basically on top of my A Semani, how do I know if they are ok? Sadly they beat all the enclosure stuff coming from Amazon as I stated in an earlier post, the seller shipped even though I asked him not to. Thankfully he shipped them with some substrate but I don’t think this is a good way to package the spiders as I am sure in transport, two of the pint containers which weren’t secured with tape opened. Happily only 2 got out, lesson learned, some deals while great, have extra costs involved.

Super stoked to have my new jeveniles, will post pics when my nerves are a little more settled.

I hope they both do ok. Have you contacted the seller In case the worst happens?

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Who was the seller/shipper? Would like to know in case they contact me on morphmarket.

Morphmarket is just an ad service, they dont sell animals or ship anything, that's all up to the vendor.

You also mention Amazon.

Omg....totally off topic....but I love your new avi! Did you draw that one? Soooooo cute! :) ❤️

Latest posts