• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

UGGHHH, what should I do…..

ryanm7277

So I finally made the plunge. I brokered a deal for my first tarantula(6). Went on Amazon bout my enclosures, bedding, water dishes, went to cork haven and bought cork haided(which sadly will be here after everything else, so I am working on making hides from plastic flower pots cut in half til the barks arrive(other suggestions welcome). Now when I placed my order I specifically several times asked and verified that he would ship tomorrow or Monday to ensure that enclosures and other supplies are here before Tarantulas, sadly he shipped them today, so theoretically, fingers crossed, everything will get here tomorrow.

But what do I do if it doesn’t? I have been a chef for many years and my motto is expect the best, plan for the worst. I could run to Home Depot or pet store and buy soil/reptisoil to hold me over til everything gets here but is it ok to put an adult in a small container tile everything arrives? Should I just leave them in the shipping container til everything gets here?

Thanks for any and all advice in advance, I really appreciate it and pardon my daddy expecting new baby worrying vibes. Also where do I get feeders? I was gonna order them now or tomorrow as I figured the Ts should relax get use to new environment for like 2-3 days before I go poking in their environment with food…I’m so nervous excited scared anxious ARGHGHGGHARGHGGGH!!!!!

Lentulus

3 Year Member
I would open and take peak to make sure they made the trip safe and sound. Then leave the T in the shipping container until you have the enclosure ready. The T will be fine and less stressed than with multiple movements to new unknown environments. I prefer roaches to crickets and those can be found a multiple places online or at an “exotic“ pet shop. Reptile shops for example will be more likely to carry a variety of bugs. Dubia and Red runners roaches seem to be the best and most common. Each with its own pros n cons, but easy to keep. Enjoy the ride!

ryanm7277

I would open and take peak to make sure they made the trip safe and sound. Then leave the T in the shipping container until you have the enclosure ready. The T will be fine and less stressed than with multiple movements to new unknown environments. I prefer roaches to crickets and those can be found a multiple places online or at an “exotic“ pet shop. Reptile shops for example will be more likely to carry a variety of bugs. Dubia and Red runners roaches seem to be the best and most common. Each with its own pros n cons, but easy to keep. Enjoy the ride!
Awesome, so my assumption to just leave them in the shipping container till everything arrives, versus two moves was correct....thanks so much for your reply and help

x_raphael_xx

Awesome, so my assumption to just leave them in the shipping container till everything arrives, versus two moves was correct....thanks so much for your reply and help
Yeah they'll be fine, just check they've made the trip okay and they have a little moisture.
I got home with a load of new purchases on Sunday, and only rehomed them today due to time constrains (straight back into work) and today was the first time I had chance to buy enclosures.

Latest posts