• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two Hour Commute is Killing Me

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
So, I now live a two hour commute (it's supposed to be like an hour and 20 but traffic is AWFUL) and so I am looking for a new job. So, for those in my vicinity, know any place within 25 miles of Southbridge, MA hiring, I will even consider into CT since northern CT is about 30 minutes from me.

Yes, I am that desperate to be asking people on a tarantula forum.

I have a BS in Criminal Justice with a minor in Biology and am attending grad school (online) to obtain a MS in Forensic Psychology. Ideally, I would like some type of criminal justice related company, or forensic type place. I have been googling and such [and applying], but sometimes people just know of things :)

I have worked at a law firm as a legal assistant and am currently doing data entry at a restorative justice driven company. While I like my job, it is not enough for this commute!

Thanks for any tips/leads/info anyone can give me!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
damn i feel for ya. And here i thought my 5 minute commute at times was a hassle ;) but that's just when i get stuck behind one of the Blue Hairs doing 35 down the highway.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Hah, thanks.

Before the move it was 45 minutes, which I would still be willing to do but this 2 hours is killing me. Forty-five daily is my maximum limit for everyday.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
And now its more of a pain when your realize you are basically the file entry monkey when the two other clerks hired around the same time as you (one the same day) have more responsibilities, higher level access to the same programs than you do.

I am so ticked. And when I found it it took a lot to not just cry at my desk.

Done with this favortism.

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
:( I moved and my commute is 40 mins in morning and 60+ on the way home. It used to be 7mins... I started listening to audio books for free on Overdrive. Now I don't mind so much, just means I get to listen to more of it. ;)

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
45 minutes would be cake but now knowing I'm essentially in a dead end position my commute time isn't worth it imo.

And also, my car isn't made to be able to plug my phone into to play through the car speakers.

MiaWolf42

3 Year Member
45 minutes would be cake but now knowing I'm essentially in a dead end position my commute time isn't worth it imo.

And also, my car isn't made to be able to plug my phone into to play through the car speakers.
Awe. I hope something falls into place for you.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Same!

I have been applying to many places so eventually something will pop up I am sure. Something kind of did, but I didnt think the schedule would work out, but the HR woman said if stuff changed call them back and I talked with my boyfriend and left a voicemail earlier this morning for a call back if they are still interested.

*crosses fingers*

Latest posts