• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

TSS acrylic enclosures.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Has anyone here ordered any of the acrylic Tarantula Room enclosures from TSS?

I have just had three delivered. They all have a protective covering on the inside of the enclosure, but nothing on the outside & someone, presumably at TSS, has drawn a large black cross on the outside of 2 of the 3:oops:

I have tried to clean one of the enclosures using a damp cloth, but that has left a clear mark that is very obvious to the naked eye from certain angles. :(

I have contacted TSS, about this, but wondered what others experiences were with these enclosures. Is this marking normal & if so, how did you remove it?

Edited to add this has now been solved thanks to a FB group. There was an outer covering, but it was very clear & not obvious. The edges of it took some finding, but the marks are now gone.

So if anyone else buys these, the outer protective covering is very clear & not easy to find the edge of.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Kazegal

They are great. There's square ones and round ones all of which use magnets to kind of "lock" the top onto the enclosure. I use the tall ones either for arboreal species or for diggers.

1617346092044.png

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I want some of these, how are they made otherwise?

Sorry for the delay, I missed you post earlier this week.

They are lovely enclosures & the outer plastic covering once you know it is there is not a problem. In fact had it not been for the big black X, I would not have known the plastic covering was there & would never have removed it. The covering is very clear.

I use the square tall arboreal enclosures as they fit best on my shelves. The magnets holding the lids on are good. I have used some string to told artificial ivy up & the magnet still feels firm, even with some string leaving the enclosure. The acrylic is crystal clear & my only gripe, is that I would not use these for Avics, as there is only ventilation in the lid. Nothing lower & these enclosures are too nice to melt extra holes in to. But for most species these enclosures are great.

tarantulas

Has anyone here ordered any of the acrylic Tarantula Room enclosures from TSS?

I have just had three delivered. They all have a protective covering on the inside of the enclosure, but nothing on the outside & someone, presumably at TSS, has drawn a large black cross on the outside of 2 of the 3:oops:

I have tried to clean one of the enclosures using a damp cloth, but that has left a clear mark that is very obvious to the naked eye from certain angles. :(

I have contacted TSS, about this, but wondered what others experiences were with these enclosures. Is this marking normal & if so, how did you remove it?

Edited to add this has now been solved thanks to a FB group. There was an outer covering, but it was very clear & not obvious. The edges of it took some finding, but the marks are now gone.

So if anyone else buys these, the outer protective covering is very clear & not easy to find the edge of.
Do you have their website?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Personal choice I don't like these enclosures, very cheaply made and over priced .. Made from 2 plant drip trays and 0.5mm plastic.. Costs about £3-4 to make so a rip off I'm my opinion
Would much rather get a glass enclosure as much better quality, cheap as well but I understand some people don't like the heavyweight you get with glass
Just my two penny's worth :)

Kazegal

Personal choice I don't like these enclosures, very cheaply made and over priced .. Made from 2 plant drip trays and 0.5mm plastic.. Costs about £3-4 to make so a rip off I'm my opinion
Would much rather get a glass enclosure as much better quality, cheap as well but I understand some people don't like the heavyweight you get with glass
Just my two penny's worth :)
I have both and even some cheap plastic boxes. The lighter weight is a definite plus for me. I also really wanted tanks with a lid at the top. Much easier maintenance for me.

They are still sturdy, however cheap the materials are to build them.

Gizalba

3 Year Member
I do like the look of them and the idea of the magnets, however I decided against getting one due to what you mentioned about the lack of ventilation except in the top. Even for burrowers and arboreal Ts other than avics I feel more comfortable with additional ventilation down some of the sides.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh no!!!!!! I'm in the United States.
There is a vendor in the US that sells similar, but looks like they don't ship?
http://southernreptilesupplies.com/...ll-x-15-round-Pick-up-at-Show-ONLY_p_993.html
I decided to make my own lol
I do like the look of them and the idea of the magnets, however I decided against getting one due to what you mentioned about the lack of ventilation except in the top. Even for burrowers and arboreal Ts other than avics I feel more comfortable with additional ventilation down some of the sides.
A drill makes adding holes easy... just sayin

tarantulas

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've heard complaints about the magnets failing and also the company that make them are boasting how they are easily crushed and regain their shape?
This is not a quality you want to see in an enclosure, you want a strong sturdy design that remains rigid
The plastic also easily scratches :(
A friend of mine purchased several of these and within weeks got rid of them due to the poor design :(

Latest posts