• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Trying to learn more

Ranger94

I learned that Cypress is bad for ts I came across some big sycamore leaves and was wondering if those are also poisonous because I want to put them in my t's enclosure

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use leaf litter with my centipedes but it molds a little...I have to use springtails too. If you keep it dry there shouldn't be a problem. As for your leaf type being toxic or not...cant help you there. I use Ardisia and bamboo leaves.

Ranger94

That is what I was thinking of doing. I saw some for sale & wondered what leaves were safe myself.
Ok after some time I found a list of tree you can and can not use with spiders and sycamore it's safe they said as long as you as long as you clean it up wash it with non-toxic detergent like soap and water and let it air-dry I said you just wash it just in case it's got a parasite or something on it

Thistles

3 Year Member
Stay away from evergreens, like pine and cedar as people said. Sycamore can be toxic to pets if ingested, but should be fine for Ts. I do use leaf litter in my enclosures, and have used oak, live oak, birch, magnolia, grape... lots of stuff. Just steer clear of resinous woods like evergreens and clean them before use.

Latest posts