• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Triops

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'll get some pictures of these once they're big enough. I put the eggs in the water yesterday and one has already hatched. The hatchlings are tiny, barely visible to the naked eye. In another day or two I can start feeding them.
uploadfromtaptalk1444079523106.jpg

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The triops have started to hatch! They are still very tiny, basically little white specks that swim around. Tomorrow I can begin feeding them. I will upload pictures as they get larger.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's been years since I kept them, but I've had some pretty big ones in the past. I think 2 or so inches if they are given adequate space.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nope. They're in the horseshoe crab family. Also called tadpole shrimp.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah can definitely tell they are in the horseshoe crab family, i looked up some pictures. ...cool send some pics when they get big enough. too bad they only live for a 20 to 90 days.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry for the lack of activity folks. The Triop project had been put on hold for a while due to the fact that the previous batch unexpectedly died due to unknown causes. I have since purchased some new eggs, which have begun to hatch. I am keeping them in a small Kritter Keeper right now. The current tank is just a temporary holding pen until the hatchlings grow large enough to be put in a larger set-up. I plan on adding some gravel and live aquatic plants.

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I was using those plants you get at pet stores that come in a little plastic vial with some type of gel substance at the bottom which I believe acts as a sort of fertilizer. I guess I didn't do a good enough job rinsing the gel off of the roots, because it caused the water to become pretty cloudy, and this is what I suspect killed them.

Anyway, tomorrow marks the first day that I can begin feeding the little guys. They're visible now to the naked eye but still to small for a camera to pick up. I promise you will be seeing pics within the week.

Latest posts