• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Totally stoked

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So i'm so stoked and excited i've annoyed the hell out of everyone i work with already (and we've only been here 10 minutes so far today) and i still can't keep it bottled in so now i'll annoy all of you :D

Start of the story - I have a Samsung Note 4 that i totally loved, that the external speaker started dying and then failed on, so Verizon replaced it. That replacement phone wouldn't connect or activate so they sent me another overnight and waived the overnight shipping. So i get that phone and it works fine, until i upgrade the MicroSD card to 128GB to record feeding vids and take pics to help my son with his school study project on the T's we have. Not long after i get that card it starts showing up as corrupt on my phone. So i take the card out, put it in the adapter and in my laptop and it's fine. My friend puts the card in his Samsung s6 and it works fine. So i call Verizon again and after they tinker with the phone they send out another replacement.

So here i'm on phone # 3 and lo and behold it won't work with this MicroSD card either, so i do an exchange with Amazon and get another memory card. Seems to work fine until i connect the phone to my laptop to add some pics here and the card and pictures show up as corrupt and unrecognized again. Back on the phone with Verizon, they send me phone # 4. Same thing with the memory card, so i call them back and they send me phone #5. In the mean time waiting for #5 to arrive i'm searching google and the various android forums and find out that the Note 4 with the Marshmallow update doesn't work well with cards over 64gb.

So i get phone #5 yesterday, put my card in and yep it's corrupt. No big though, i can connect it to the computer and transfer the pics that way so i have a work around, i can live with that for a few more months until my upgrade date is available. But then i get the phone home last night, and as i'm sitting there waiting for dinner to cook and watching TV, i see the phone reboot. It's on the coffee table and i just noticed the Samsung splash screen come up then the red Verizon screen. So i'm like ok it must have done the update since it's a replacement phone. This was around 5:30 - 6 pm. So i'm upstairs lounging watching my DVR recordings and flipping through the Amazon app on the phone and it reboots on me. No warning nothing. One second i'm searching for spare tongs to feed and clean the spider cages with and the next second the screen is black, then the Samsung screen comes on and it boots back up.

Now i'm pissed. So i do a factory reset, thinking if the phone did the update earlier maybe something glitched. usually a factory reset will take care of that. And i do the whole set up the phone process again. No issues with the phone, other than the memory card still, for the rest of the night. My alarm goes off this morning, i do my routine sit down and start drinking breakfast (i'm not a breakfast person, usually just a glass of milk or sometimes milk and ovaltine or similiar) and start playing a trivia game on my phone to pass the time. Right in the middle of the game the phone reboots again.

So yep, i'm pissed again. I chug my breakfest and head into the office and call Verizon. The business support rep i get (my cell is paid for by the company) says oh i'm sorry we'll get you out a replacement. Ummm no that won't work, that would be replacement number 5 in the last 7 weeks. I need a phone i can depend on, after 5 replacements i should be qualified for an upgrade or switch me over to a different brand or something, no more replacements, they're worse and worse as i go. So she say well i can get you a new Note 4 and i laugh and say good luck there's been 2 models released since i got this. She comes back and says oh your right, how about the Note 5 upgrade?

So now i'm thinking ah i'm in the upgrade discussion, lets push it. i tell her Sorry i can't use that one there is no expansion memory slot and i have to have a memory card for what i do. She buys it, says Ok, i can do the Note 7 or the LG V10. I say give me the Note 7 please, i can't stand the buttons on the back of the LG.

So after this long winded post :) i'm getting the new Samsung Note 7!! and to top it off they dropped the upgrade fee by $50 and tossed in a case at half price because of my problems with the other Note 4 phones :D
Not sure which is more exciting, getting a new phone tomorrow, or waiting for new Ts to arrive the next day. I think they're neck and neck.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What a saga but well done for keeping on at them. I hope you enjoy your n phone a much as the Ts.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's awesome hun! Honestly happy for you after all that BS. Enjoy!!

And I'd be torn between which excited me more as well!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the best part is the camera upgrade :D from 8mp to 12mp so i'll have decent pics for all my T's now, when they let me anyway ;)

One of my hats i wear at work is handling the companies cell phone accounts. I've never seen any of our employees go through this much hassle, but then again we push for them cause they're the money makes and IT is the money spenders. Plus i've been in that call center situation in a previous job so i know what they're going through. Still that was something else, and one of the reasons i prefer Verizon. I'd still be fighting with AT&T over it. Their support is atrocious.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Idk about you but my patience wears thin quick. After #3 my wall would've had a semi-intact cell phone displaying out of it, complimented by tiny shattered bits of glass underneath it on the floor.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hope this one works for you but you might not wanna count your chickens just yet....something to do with the batteries exploding in them. I would look into it.....

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I hope this one works for you but you might not wanna count your chickens just yet....something to do with the batteries exploding in them. I would look into it.....

Yes, I thought that but I'm guessing the ones that are sent out now will already have the new safe batteries.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes, I thought that but I'm guessing the ones that are sent out now will already have the new safe batteries.

Yeah I hope so. I would rather it have a malfunction regarding sd card or something minor than I would to have a battery explode inside it in my hand, lol....

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah I hope so. I would rather it have a malfunction regarding sd card or something minor than I would to have a battery explode inside it in my hand, lol....

Even worse if it set fire to your home.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So i'm so stoked and excited i've annoyed the hell out of everyone i work with already (and we've only been here 10 minutes so far today) and i still can't keep it bottled in so now i'll annoy all of you :D

Start of the story - I have a Samsung Note 4 that i totally loved, that the external speaker started dying and then failed on, so Verizon replaced it. That replacement phone wouldn't connect or activate so they sent me another overnight and waived the overnight shipping. So i get that phone and it works fine, until i upgrade the MicroSD card to 128GB to record feeding vids and take pics to help my son with his school study project on the T's we have. Not long after i get that card it starts showing up as corrupt on my phone. So i take the card out, put it in the adapter and in my laptop and it's fine. My friend puts the card in his Samsung s6 and it works fine. So i call Verizon again and after they tinker with the phone they send out another replacement.

So here i'm on phone # 3 and lo and behold it won't work with this MicroSD card either, so i do an exchange with Amazon and get another memory card. Seems to work fine until i connect the phone to my laptop to add some pics here and the card and pictures show up as corrupt and unrecognized again. Back on the phone with Verizon, they send me phone # 4. Same thing with the memory card, so i call them back and they send me phone #5. In the mean time waiting for #5 to arrive i'm searching google and the various android forums and find out that the Note 4 with the Marshmallow update doesn't work well with cards over 64gb.

So i get phone #5 yesterday, put my card in and yep it's corrupt. No big though, i can connect it to the computer and transfer the pics that way so i have a work around, i can live with that for a few more months until my upgrade date is available. But then i get the phone home last night, and as i'm sitting there waiting for dinner to cook and watching TV, i see the phone reboot. It's on the coffee table and i just noticed the Samsung splash screen come up then the red Verizon screen. So i'm like ok it must have done the update since it's a replacement phone. This was around 5:30 - 6 pm. So i'm upstairs lounging watching my DVR recordings and flipping through the Amazon app on the phone and it reboots on me. No warning nothing. One second i'm searching for spare tongs to feed and clean the spider cages with and the next second the screen is black, then the Samsung screen comes on and it boots back up.

Now i'm pissed. So i do a factory reset, thinking if the phone did the update earlier maybe something glitched. usually a factory reset will take care of that. And i do the whole set up the phone process again. No issues with the phone, other than the memory card still, for the rest of the night. My alarm goes off this morning, i do my routine sit down and start drinking breakfast (i'm not a breakfast person, usually just a glass of milk or sometimes milk and ovaltine or similiar) and start playing a trivia game on my phone to pass the time. Right in the middle of the game the phone reboots again.

So yep, i'm pissed again. I chug my breakfest and head into the office and call Verizon. The business support rep i get (my cell is paid for by the company) says oh i'm sorry we'll get you out a replacement. Ummm no that won't work, that would be replacement number 5 in the last 7 weeks. I need a phone i can depend on, after 5 replacements i should be qualified for an upgrade or switch me over to a different brand or something, no more replacements, they're worse and worse as i go. So she say well i can get you a new Note 4 and i laugh and say good luck there's been 2 models released since i got this. She comes back and says oh your right, how about the Note 5 upgrade?

So now i'm thinking ah i'm in the upgrade discussion, lets push it. i tell her Sorry i can't use that one there is no expansion memory slot and i have to have a memory card for what i do. She buys it, says Ok, i can do the Note 7 or the LG V10. I say give me the Note 7 please, i can't stand the buttons on the back of the LG.

So after this long winded post :) i'm getting the new Samsung Note 7!! and to top it off they dropped the upgrade fee by $50 and tossed in a case at half price because of my problems with the other Note 4 phones :D
Not sure which is more exciting, getting a new phone tomorrow, or waiting for new Ts to arrive the next day. I think they're neck and neck.
New T's, no contest. Unless you are upgrading them too.....lol
Well done "the power of still being able to talk to someone and rent" even hour you were probably in a que for ages to speak to someone!

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I bit the bullet and traded this phone for the slightly smaller, non exploding battery Galaxy s7. I'm really going to miss the stylus but since they put the note 7 in the edge screen style it's no wider than the s7, plus the battery is better, not counting the exploding part, in the s7.

I'm going they'll have the problem fixed and the note 7 shipping again before my 30 day Grace period with the s7 is over and I'll switch back.