• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Top 3

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I am curious what your top 3 tarantulas are. You don’t need to currently have them in your collection, but if you could only have 3 ts what would they be?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
i don’t have a chilensis but everyone that has one is in love. What is the hype? From what I hear they are super slow growers and they aren’t exactly show stoppers.

They're not show stoppers but they have great personalities, no fear and quite happy to wander onto your hand :D

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i don’t have a chilensis but everyone that has one is in love. What is the hype? From what I hear they are super slow growers and they aren’t exactly show stoppers.
I agree with @Enn49 they are the perfect T for anyone interested in the hobby as they are adorable. Not only in size but character.. My female(which is my avatar pic) is the most friendly, calm T that I own and can't wait to come out for a slow wander and sit on my hand :) it's such a shame they are so hard to come by.. But well worth the wait if you can get a sling--I'd have one over a stirmi any day of the week :)

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They're not show stoppers but they have great personalities, no fear and quite happy to wander onto your hand :D

I have 2 H chilensis slings which are too small to have personalities yet. But it's what I wanted them for. But our larger G rosea sling & my wifes new A geniculata juvie both seem to be very similar in their approach to what my hand is there for.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

In fairness you can say that about any T . Not the growth rate but the "show stopper".
Everyone's opinion and reasons for favourites are different but I've never heard a bad thing said about a chilensis and I cannot wait for mine to reach a decent size. (Had it for about a year and it's almost half an inch :))

1. H chilensis
2.E Campestratus
3. G Pulchripes

Only reason I kept my pulchra over pulchripes when i had to give up most of collection is because it was suspect male.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are like "toy" dogs of the tarantula hobby. They are cute but not very macho...:D

It's why they're one of my favourites. I'm personally very macho and people are intimidated by my physique and believe me to be unapproachable. Even thou I am a mountain of a man this species let's people know I have a softer side.

For anyone who can't tell that I'm taking the piss I've never been to the gym in my life :D

Latest posts