• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Too much?

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg This is what happens when I get bored and find the label maker. The wife says I am a nerd. Is it over the top???;)o_O

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I love having mine labelled, ive done the same, all 3 names on each enclosure lol.
Love it! I need a dang label maker....which ones are cheap but decent guys?
I looked at getting a proper printing one but in the end just got a cheap dymo embossing label printer. Does the job, labels are 9mm which is just the right size and if you buy the aftermarket labels you can get about 5 rolls for the price of 1 genuine roll. I think they look great [emoji1] heres afew of mine
1fea12b7bef36799dd0e1527d9a16ec3.jpg

195d0d0bf0abebe098f1fbe4f6147b1f.jpg

03eeaff8da78376b1c8140bc12926f80.jpg

63d68bca75c49dd4d4a523645065e150.jpg

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
View attachment 18423 View attachment 18425 View attachment 18423 View attachment 18424 View attachment 18425 This is what happens when I get bored and find the label maker. The wife says I am a nerd. Is it over the top???;)o_O
Totally looked at your labels, and see you are in possession of a Sulawesi black...may I inquire for a pic of how you set it up? I have received/seen differing suggestions and I find myself in possession of one now :) I have an idea was to what I need but just seeing a pic is also helpful (that isn't from 2010).

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
@Psyrocke The only pic I have right now. It is the middle rear enclosure. I took a large critter keeper and stood it up, leveled it, and taped the vents up below the center hatch in the lid. I cut a big bark tube to fit and put in a couple inches of coco fiber. I also took a small piece of wood and used double sided tape under the bottom to kinda level the enclosure. The T hasn't been out of the tube since I put him in there. From what I have read they get pretty big so I will have to rehouse at some point but for now this setup is plenty big. My T is only about 2" long right now.
Ts.jpg

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
@Psyrocke The only pic I have right now. It is the middle rear enclosure. I took a large critter keeper and stood it up, leveled it, and taped the vents up below the center hatch in the lid. I cut a big bark tube to fit and put in a couple inches of coco fiber. I also took a small piece of wood and used double sided tape under the bottom to kinda level the enclosure. The T hasn't been out of the tube since I put him in there. From what I have read they get pretty big so I will have to rehouse at some point but for now this setup is plenty big. My T is only about 2" long right now.View attachment 18465

Thanks! It looks like you kept your coco dry or is there a moist/damp layer that I can't see? I have been told they tend to use a hide more as young by the two people I've inquired, so that not seeing it thing is not surprising to me.

Thank you for giving me some visual aid for what I need to do for my new lil man haha.

Gscottjr

3 Year Member
Ah, perfect, thanks!

There was surprisingly little husbandry suggestions when I looked for them when I received it (freebie!) but I am stoked to have it! It's name is T'Challah :).

Awesome freebie!! I couldn't find much on them either and that is why I got him lol. I like the name. I named mine Kendari (a city in Sulawesi)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Absolutely not. I do not have them on tanks but have same records, purchase dates, moult dates and even a chart for all the moults. So this is perfectly normal.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha, yeah! Great surprise. I named him after the real name of Marvel's Black Panther. *is totally a Marvel geek(as if you didn't know by my post about my 3 Marvel tattoos)*
My daughter is into Marvel. She has also designed her own tattoos based on lego, Alice in wonderland and all sorts of other things I can't remember. She is super talented with design and art. I can draw, but not to her standard. Great names.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love having mine labelled, ive done the same, all 3 names on each enclosure lol.

I looked at getting a proper printing one but in the end just got a cheap dymo embossing label printer. Does the job, labels are 9mm which is just the right size and if you buy the aftermarket labels you can get about 5 rolls for the price of 1 genuine roll. I think they look great [emoji1] heres afew of mine
1fea12b7bef36799dd0e1527d9a16ec3.jpg

195d0d0bf0abebe098f1fbe4f6147b1f.jpg

03eeaff8da78376b1c8140bc12926f80.jpg

63d68bca75c49dd4d4a523645065e150.jpg
My H. Pulchripes is called Apollo ☺

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
My daughter is into Marvel. She has also designed her own tattoos based on lego, Alice in wonderland and all sorts of other things I can't remember. She is super talented with design and art. I can draw, but not to her standard. Great names.

I wonder if she would design my desire cover up. My normal artist I love is now a bit of hike for a consult. I've got an idea and think it would work but hes like 50 minutes from me now so now I need to find an equally fun/knowledgable awesome artist.

Yes, great names for your Ts @Gscottjr :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wonder if she would design my desire cover up. My normal artist I love is now a bit of hike for a consult. I've got an idea and think it would work but hes like 50 minutes from me now so now I need to find an equally fun/knowledgable awesome artist.

Yes, great names for your Ts @Gscottjr :)
Will be a bit more than 50 mins from US to UK for a consult......lol

Latest posts