• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tomorrow night it happens and Aphonopelma genus appreciation

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Harpactira dictator breeding, I will post in the appropriate section when the good stuff begins.

The second part, I think it's time to recognize the Aphonopelma genus, why? (I am looking for A. hentzi, A. moderatum, A. marxi and A. paloma, yet not having any luck).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Good luck with the dictator breeding and finding the Aphonopelmas

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Good luck with the dictator breeding and finding the Aphonopelmas
Thanks I will need it; I put my Aphonopelma search on hold (I've got a better deal in the works). The male H. dictator keeps me up all night tapping on his enclosure, and it doesn't help when the female starts tapping back at 3 AM. Ah, the things I go through for all 23 tarantulas.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
May be able to find a A.hentzi and A.marxi. I will let you know. If you happen find any moderatum please let me know. That's a dream T of mine as well.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Fantastic news, I do believe I witnessed an insertion or two and the male did not get crunched.

TheVez2

3 Year Member
The Aphonopelma genus should always be celebrated and appreciated! It's my favorite genus. Here is what I have currently, so many more to acquire!

0.0.1 Aphonopelma burica
1.2.0 Aphonopelma chalcodes
0.1.0 Aphonopelma chalcodes "New River RR"
0.0.3 Aphonopelma eutylenum
0.0.1 Aphonopelma gabeli
0.1.0 Aphonopelma hentzi
0.0.2 Aphonopelma iodius
0.0.1 Aphonopelma johhncashi
0.1.0 Aphonopelma mojave
0.0.3 Aphonopelma seemanni

TheVez2

3 Year Member
What do these two look like, I've never heard of them
A. burica is the Costa Rican bluefont. It kinda looks like a drab and diffuse B. cabocla. Mostly brownish, with a slightly orangish carapace. But the chelicera and front leg joints reflect light with a blue iridescence.

A. mojave - Mojave Desert dwarf. Overall grey-brown coloring. She's full grown and somewhere around 1.5" to 2" in legspan. She's a prolific burrower and I love the tunnels she makes in her enclosure. I'm thinking of rehousing her in a taller container to get more of an ant farm look to it.

I'll try to take a couple pics when I can.

TheVez2

3 Year Member
mojave
36bdeedcc164e18bdf3c07b15be84146.jpg

burica
04cf0d66429ae30ee7171da336006b96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Checkmate

Formerly 'voldemort'
3 Year Member
Love Aphonopelmas. I have a 4.5" chalchodes, 4.5" steindachneri, and a 1/4" moderatum. Almost got my hands on a 4" moderatum but someone beat me to it.

Latest posts