• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Togo starburst baboon sex?

bbolivier1234

I just purchased a togo starburst baboon and it has not been sexed via molt. And i dont know when it'll molt. I see that this is a colourful specie. Is there any way i can i dentify its sex via pattern colours etc.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just purchased a togo starburst baboon and it has not been sexed via molt. And i dont know when it'll molt. I see that this is a colourful specie. Is there any way i can i dentify its sex via pattern colours etc.
I’m not sure if H. maculata are sexually dimorphic or not at maturity. Unless someone such as @Arachnoclown chimes in stating otherwise, I’m going to say colors and pattern are not viable indicators of its sex.

bbolivier1234

Does this help, i read that coloration plays a role in sexing a maculata.

Attachments

• 20211007_185757.jpg
    20211007_185757.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 20211007_185726.jpg
    20211007_185726.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes they are sexually dimorphic, however it's the females that change and get their lighter coloration. As slings they are all the same color.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How big is the H. Mac? I am pretty good ventrak yexing, but I don't see any evidence of adult "sex organs".

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Difficult to say because the pic is blurry.

Latest posts