• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Today's creations.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi all
Being stuck at home is not fun but at least have time to tinker with the T enclosures that have been wanting to do for ages.
Did 6 30x20x15cm , 2 20x20x10 cm ,
2 15x 15x 10 plastic boxes just basic terestrial setup with cork bark hide with few plastic plants glued to it and water dish and 3 exo terras.
All 3 exo terra are 30cm cubes with mesh removed and replaced with acrilic with loads of 4mm holes.
Enough said here are few pics of the exo terras as the rest are not much to look at.lol
20200404_184128.jpg
20200404_184047.jpg
20200404_184248.jpg

Any feedback much appreciated.
I still have one 45x45x30 exo terra to do but running low on materials atm.
Thanks for reading.

Regards Konstantin

Last edited:

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Where do you get those plastic plants from? They look natural. I particularly like the fern and bushy type ones you have in the top R/H corners. Would love to order those myself.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
I like how you used cork bark to make a retaining wall of sorts in the 2nd pic. Great idea.
Hi
thank you for your comment.All 3 have that sort of wall. Thought to try it to prevent the substrate sliding down.Its one of the tricks I learned during my time doing (Aquascaping) planted tanks to separate different substrates mixing up and to buid substrate height without collapsing .Its a shame cant use rock in the enclosures as have 2 big crates of awesome looking rocks at home.Also I wish to have more greenery in too but needed to leave some open space for the Ts that are going inside .lol
I will probably add some moss at some point to add more detail here and there.And some awesome virgin cork backgrounds I saw but its out of budget atm so will be on the substrate change in the future

Regards Konstantin

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi all
Being stuck at home is not fun but at least have time to tinker with the T enclosures that have been wanting to do for ages.
Did 6 30x20x15cm , 2 20x20x10 cm ,
2 15x 15x 10 plastic boxes just basic terestrial setup with cork bark hide with few plastic plants glued to it and water dish and 3 exo terras.
All 3 exo terra are 30cm cubes with mesh removed and replaced with acrilic with loads of 4mm holes.
Enough said here are few pics of the exo terras as the rest are not much to look at.lol
View attachment 44551View attachment 44552View attachment 44554
Any feedback much appreciated.
I still have one 45x45x30 exo terra to do but running low on materials atm.
Thanks for reading.

Regards Konstantin
all look fantastic. Great work

Latest posts