• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

To tong feed or not to tong the that is the Q?

Specs

3 Year Member
I know a lot of people don't like tong feeding. I have to say I am kinda on board with that. As the risk can out way reward. My avicularia does not want come out of her web. I gave her a cricket last week and it just hid in her plant and she did not eat it. Not sure if maybe she'll never get it unless she comes out. She is on week 2 of no food. she moves around a few times a day in her funnel web. So can't make my mind up if she is in pre molt. From what everybody on here says she could well be. I am not freaking out, although it is a little stressful. I just want to make sure she can eat if she wants to. I normally drop them next to her and she will grab them. This is not really possible with her in the web. Also not sure how much she is aware of the food on the floor in her tank as she hangs out in the web in the top corner? Sorry such along post!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have 2 small Avics, they both spend all of their time in their web tunnels and I just drop their food into their containers, it has always gone by next day. If they're hungry they will find their food so don't worry.

Latest posts