• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tliltocatl albopilosum ( nicaraguan )

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
14/8/2020 first attempt at breeding Tliltocatl albopilosum.
-I started this process out by having male and female enclosures next to each other for about a two weeks ever since my second male molted out. Feed female well during that time frame.

-At 2:37am I introduce male into female’s enclosure. Male entered enclosure with out issue.
Male just froze in place. No signs of interest (drumming,vibrating ) just stayed in place. I waited 10mins for even the slightest sign of interest, and got nothing.

-2:47am I returned male back into his enclosure. Female was unaware of his presents was in the “face hiding” pose the whole time.

I will keep updates in comments as I try again.
I have a 2nd male which matured out around July. However he’s just stays in his burrow.:rolleyes:

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
15/8/2020
First matured male was out of his burrow finally so I decided to try with him.
At 2:43AM I introduced male into females enclosure.
06B65D6F-E842-47BD-AA2F-1B2B1DE77ABE.png

-Almost immediately male was druming and vibrating. He did that for about 20mins before making contact with female. Female.

-my point of view I couldn’t tell in proper insert was made. How ever she chased him out and I had to save him. She would of chomped him but she got the paint brush insted. Male wanted to go back again,haha! I decided that might not be the best idea so I got male back into his own enclosure. Since this male is more receptive I may try again over weekend. If I do I will update. Oh yeah, I’d say the total time was about 30mins.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
15/8/2020
First matured male was out of his burrow finally so I decided to try with him.
At 2:43AM I introduced male into females enclosure.View attachment 48544

-Almost immediately male was druming and vibrating. He did that for about 20mins before making contact with female. Female.

-my point of view I couldn’t tell in proper insert was made. How ever she chased him out and I had to save him. She would of chomped him but she got the paint brush insted. Male wanted to go back again,haha! I decided that might not be the best idea so I got male back into his own enclosure. Since this male is more receptive I may try again over weekend. If I do I will update. Oh yeah, I’d say the total time was about 30mins.
keep going. Aim to 2 (or 3) known insertions if you can. If the female.is really fighting him away all the time and doesn't allow.ligting then maybe he got lucky 1st time round.but.multiple.insertion attempts are best.

Good luck and get those little.sling pots ready! ha ha

Average sac I have had from that species is around the 450 mark but they can have a lot more.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
keep going. Aim to 2 (or 3) known insertions if you can. If the female.is really fighting him away all the time and doesn't allow.ligting then maybe he got lucky 1st time round.but.multiple.insertion attempts are best.

Good luck and get those little.sling pots ready! ha ha

Average sac I have had from that species is around the 450 mark but they can have a lot more.
Thank you for the advice . I appreciate you for it.
She was tolerant at the beginning he went for a second time and she wasn’t having it. I was going to try for a second after i broke it up but felt its best to try again over another time. I rather not chance the male.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank you for the advice . I appreciate you for it.
She was tolerant at the beginning he went for a second time and she wasn’t having it. I was going to try for a second after i broke it up but felt its best to try again over another time. I rather not chance the male.
they will 'fight' but then the female will hopefully yield to him. If he is fresh and strong they normally are able to look after themselves but with any pairing....be prepared to intervene within a flash as things can turn nasty very quickly if you are not careful :)

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
they will 'fight' but then the female will hopefully yield to him. If he is fresh and strong they normally are able to look after themselves but with any pairing....be prepared to intervene within a flash as things can turn nasty very quickly if you are not careful :)
The first male I tried is the freshest about 2 weeks. He did nothing but lay in her enclosure.
The one that reacted and put in the work matured out in early July end of June. His reaction was almost immediate with druming and vibrating.
My female is fairly fresh molted a month or two before the 2nd male did. So I shouldn’t have a molt like the other two species I had tried.(c.versicolor, t.ockerti).

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
16/8/2020

11:03pm I introduced my first molted male for the second time. First attempt made with no success. Female went after male. Male got away then proceed to wonder back and forth between enclosures.decided to check females tempermenf before making a another attempt and she took the paint brush.
027A4E6A-D3CC-4074-8E72-4DFCDE7FE0B7.png

So looks like I’m going to try agan before or after work tomorrow. I’m going to throw the female a dubi to see if that will calm her down.

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I tried introducing male for 3rd time I believe 7/21/2020 and she was very defensive(threat pose). She was even defensive when I went to fed her the following day. Which prior to the breeding I would have to pester her with a pait brush to get her to move and wouldn’t even kick hairs

Latest posts