• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Time for a rehouse?

ProfessorChani

My Davus pentaloris (suspect male) is getting close to rehouse time but I'm trying to decide if I should do so now or wait until the next molt. I'm just a little concerned that his burrow is too tight of a space at this point to do well when he does molt. Or is the stress of rehousing during pre-molt more of a risk? He should be close to pre-molt, anyway... I will try one more meal today to confirm. But thoughts on how to weigh all these risks and options?
IMG_4059.jpg
IMG_4061.jpg
IMG_4060.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
The abdomen is slightly bald in one area but doesn't appear dark, yet. I would go ahead and rehouse now and not wait. When the abdomen grows dark, that's when you shouldn't mess with them too much or it may stress them out. Also, I would dampen the substrate a little around the time he starts to molt.....just to help him out a bit. :)

ProfessorChani

The abdomen is slightly bald in one area but doesn't appear dark, yet. I would go ahead and rehouse now and not wait. When the abdomen grows dark, that's when you shouldn't mess with them too much or it may stress them out. Also, I would dampen the substrate a little around the time he starts to molt.....just to help him out a bit. :)
Thank you! He has been successfully rehoused!

Latest posts