• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thrixopelma pruriens moulting

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I rehoused this little one this afternoon and 3 hours later found Putani on its back about to moult. Luckily I hadn't filled the water bowl up yet.

3.27pm just after rehouse
DSCF8491.JPG

6.21pm
DSCF8492 (2).JPG

7.59pm
DSCF8493 (2).JPG

8.36pm
DSCF8495 (2).JPG

8.55pm
DSCF8497 (2).JPG

9.25pm
DSCF8498 (2).JPG

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've had them moult on top of a webbed bowl before but it just seemed odd that it chose to do it in a plastic bowl rather than on the substrate.
It's now sitting in the water.
Thanks for the update on putani @Enn49 I was wondering how the moult was going after your earlier post :)

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Beautiful spider Ennie! You can always put another water bowl in there in a different spot—but I’m sure you know that (Like Robin trying to tell Batman how to fight crime).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Beautiful spider Ennie! You can always put another water bowl in there in a different spot—but I’m sure you know that (Like Robin trying to tell Batman how to fight crime).

I tried that with my little C. sp. boquete. It had filled the 1st one with sub and just sat on it so I put a bowl of nice clean water at the other side of its container and spent the next few hours watching the sling carefully drag the clean bowl all the way across until it was just covering the edge of the original one where she sat on the wet sub in the bowl.

Latest posts