• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Threat pose?

Pants__cat

3 Year Member
had some company over tonight so as usual I pulled out my Rosie (her name is May) to show off and try to talk some people into holding for a photo op
She is always mellow, not much seems to faze her until someone tried to pet her *facepalm*
She threw up a threat posture, but only with her pedipalps? Anyone else seen this? Maybe she’s just that lazy and was half assing it

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Got a little defensive it sounds like but not full on...rosies are notorious for flipping a switch and going from mellow to *****y pretty fast. The general consensus is don't hold them...u could get bit and the spider could get dropped. which will probably be fatal.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When I was a kid we had a zoologist come to our school. He was passing around a Brachypelma redknee or redleg (too young to remember which) and one of the teachers flung it up in the air when it startled her. I remember watching it lay there suffering trying to move. No one could do anything to help it. Just keep that in mind when you pass your Ts around for a photo op.;)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
When I was a kid we had a zoologist come to our school. He was passing around a Brachypelma redknee or redleg (too young to remember which) and one of the teachers flung it up in the air when it startled her. I remember watching it lay there suffering trying to move. No one could do anything to help it. Just keep that in mind when you pass your Ts around for a photo op.;)
Yeah that sounds terrible.... :(

Latest posts