• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thoughts on Vinegaroons?

Sarah.Eileen

Hello all!

I had been pondering getting a scorpion to add to my collection, and then BAM I saw Clint's Reptile's video on vinegaroons (or tailless whip scorpions) and I immediately fell in love with the gentle giants! They seem pretty easy for me, a beginner keeper, but I was curious if anyone else has had experience with them - I would love to hear them! Also, thoughts on where to get them would be appreciated too!

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
My only experience is getting the wrong invert when I ordered. Thought I was getting a vinegaroon and got an diadema instead. so be careful to verify as there are several pretty different critters that fall under "tailless whip scorpions "

Avicularia Kael

My only experience is getting the wrong invert when I ordered. Thought I was getting a vinegaroon and got an diadema instead. so be careful to verify as there are several pretty different critters that fall under "tailless whip scorpions "
Vinegaroons are not called tailless whip scorpions. That's why. They have tails. They are called whip scorpions, without the tailless part.

Avicularia Kael

The dealer I got it from didn't make that discrepancy between them unfortunately, and I was really new to keeping and didn't realize it. Lesson learned for sure
I personally would only buy from those labeling things under their scientific names if possible, or if they at least have it listed if they are selling by common names. Scientific names are beneficial like that.

Latest posts