• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thoughts on feeding Therea petiveriana (domino roaches) to tarantula?

Aviculture1

3 Year Member
Has anyone ever tried feeding these? I know they are slow to produce and mature but that is what is appealing about them and when the colony gets big enough I would feed them off to the tarantula.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I wouldn't use them as feeders, for one simple reason: domino roaches look too stunning to use as feeders.

Aviculture1

3 Year Member
Domino roaches are not easy to come by nymphs go for $2-$5ea, I would sell them and buy feeders that are 10 times cheaper.
My point is that if I start a colony and I end up with too many could I feed the extras to the tarantulas? I have no interest in trying to sell them.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Cost versus nutrition it's a huge waste of money to use them as a feeder. Even though they would probably be ok to use its kinda silly. That's why you don't see anyone using them. You could get many hissing roaches for the cost of one domino and the hissers would be more nourishing. I'd sell your extras rather them use them as feeders.

Latest posts