• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This was on my suggested viewing feed

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Interesting.
That Jakub Skowronek is the owner of the spidershop.pl that I deal with in Poland.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Interesting.
That Jakub Skowronek is the owner of the spidershop.pl that I deal with in Poland.
Having fully read the article, obviously it is still unclear if any law broken - regardless of any ethical stance we will all have on this subject!!!
Interestingly, there is a spokesman from the BTS referencing a UK event where these spiders were offered. I am assuming he refers to the invictus show in Kent at the end if January. I was there as was at least one other UK member of this forum. They were certainly on sale (at a very hefty price), there were numerous slings available but I do not recall whether they were labelled as CB or not. I didn't buy any BTW.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Having fully read the article, obviously it is still unclear if any law broken - regardless of any ethical stance we will all have on this subject!!!
Interestingly, there is a spokesman from the BTS referencing a UK event where these spiders were offered. I am assuming he refers to the invictus show in Kent at the end if January. I was there as was at least one other UK member of this forum. They were certainly on sale (at a very hefty price), there were numerous slings available but I do not recall whether they were labelled as CB or not. I didn't buy any BTW.

I really can't see Jakub intentionally breaking the law, it wouldn't make sense risking his business.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
Neat spider.

What a political and legal mess. I've seen many examples of people doing things legally and legitimately, only to have some government come by after the fact and claim wrong doing.

Latest posts