• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

This is how to start a bio active terrarium

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
1623024645124.jpeg

These are your ingredients: a terrarium, soil, bark and plants. Water. Lots of water and a water container. I collect the bark myself and let it dry out for a few days. That’s it.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
1623024794369.jpeg

I glued this terrarium myself. It has 2 screens to have air movement in there. The door is glued on with brass hinges. I use 100% silicone for everything.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
1623024891095.jpeg

I select one or two pieces of bark best for the heights of the terrarium. This one will be for a Psalmopoeus cambridgei which grew too big for a fruit fly container.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Very nice!

Here is one I recently started
PXL_20210607_024635871.MP.jpg

I layers the bottom with 1" of hydrocottle, clay balls, then a window screen type sheet.

I layered a springtail culture on top of the screen and covered with my standard soil mix.

I sloped the substrate to allow planting of the live plant's root balls aside the cork bark round and packed around with moss, then topped with organic, dried live oak leaves.

I lightly packed the cork bark with moss and leaves and poured about a gallon of water in the "stump" over the course of a week.

I sprinkle some dried fish food in a few places to feed the springtails and have some safe bark, like cholla wood soaking that I will add in with the leaves.

Once everything thing grows in, I will add a spider.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Very nice!

Here is one I recently startedView attachment 57590

I layers the bottom with 1" of hydrocottle, clay balls, then a window screen type sheet.

I layered a springtail culture on top of the screen and covered with my standard soil mix.

I sloped the substrate to allow planting of the live plant's root balls aside the cork bark round and packed around with moss, then topped with organic, dried live oak leaves.

I lightly packed the cork bark with moss and leaves and poured about a gallon of water in the "stump" over the course of a week.

I sprinkle some dried fish food in a few places to feed the springtails and have some safe bark, like cholla wood soaking that I will add in with the leaves.

Once everything thing grows in, I will add a spider.
I like that! Looks really good! :)

Latest posts