• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US This is BIG - Scolopendra gigantea - the REAL one

Padraig Sea

3 Year Member
This is pretty incredible, and the outcome of a project I’ve worked on for literally decades. Many of us have called a Peruvian species of Scolopendra by this name, but it’s simple not true. The real animal according to all reliable literature is this one right here - Scolopendra gigantea, sometimes called S. gigantea “black”, and in most recent literature referred to “morphotype 2”.

These are legit beasts capable of 40 centimeters in length. I’m including images of two absolute monsters, but I’m also offering 6-7” and 8-9” examples.

Aside from three individuals offered briefly in 2019, this is the first time this species had ever been offered in the US. I’m aware a few have been brown boxed in, but these were imported legally.

I am offering 6-7” examples for $1,000 and 8-9” at $1,200. I will offer sexed pairs as well; please inquire. The 10”++ beasts are $1,500 and exceedingly limited.

Please note that due to potential shipping delays I will be sending these the week after Christmas. I guarantee live arrival and your complete satisfaction with these animals. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

EDCDA197-7927-4E03-A07C-B3AF70E53EBA.jpeg

3AFE44D2-307F-4FB8-8143-BC2A7971DACB.jpeg

Padraig Sea

3 Year Member
Back up - we will be exporting many of these in the next two weeks so please let me know if you're interested now!

Latest posts