• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Think I'm about to lose my B vagans

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Singe, my pretty little one hasn't acted right since her last molt. Lethargic, doesn't eat or drink, I just picked her up and dribbled her some water. Zero response. Tucked her back in her enclosure where she's secure.
She's honestly not dehydrated, I was just hoping for a reaction.
Anyway.... Pinch grabbed her and laid her on her back in my palm and no reaction from her at all. She moved away from the water dish when I put her back so she's alive but I expect she won't be by morning.
Needed to vent somewhere as I'm in tears and No one here much cares about my eight legged babies. Had Singe since she was half an inch. Nothings changed and she's been happy and healthy till now :(
image.jpeg

Telson

3 Year Member
Im sorry Kymura. But she's not gone yet, so theres hope. She may have had some internal issue during her last molt..she could very well pull out of this, you never know. Just try to keep her comfortable, maybe offer prekilled to her..

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Im sorry Kymura. But she's not gone yet, so theres hope. She may have had some internal issue during her last molt..she could very well pull out of this, you never know. Just try to keep her comfortable, maybe offer prekilled to her..
Thanks hun hoping for the best, not optimistic at this point though. But not giving up on her either.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I feel for you. It's so hard to watch them suffer but as others have said, where there is life there is hope. Fingers crossed for her.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
My vagans was behaving very similarly on its last molt: see here, bout 1/3 from bottom, and I had to do the best I could manage with teeny spider sling cpr..it was like she was having trouble breathing almost. The other day I also got her in similar behavior but when I prodded her butt she moved away and has been fine since.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
No changes other then she's starting to curl. Checked her all over to see if there was anything at all visibly wrong.
She still looks premolt size wise so I think she didn't shed something internal :(

@timc ; hoping she does, I get so attached to these guys.
@kormath ; yeah it does. Hate that our hands are tied and there's nothing we can do. @Enn49 ; I'm hoping. She's not dead but no changes either.
@Psyrocke ; she's a juvenile not a sling. Been off since her last molt. Doesn't drink eat or really do anything.
@Gscottjr ; thanks, all my fingers are crossed.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Had to do some re-houseing and....So, in a last ditch effort I re-housed Singe also. New everything. Much larger container. Picked her up, barely responsive and sat her in there. She immediately started walking around. Went to place her a new water dish and she kicked hairs at me!!! Super excited and hope this means she's feeling better!
Also I re-housed my Pcam, rosea, B albo and A anax. Only issue was my versi who leapt to my chest and ran all over me. Didn't help that I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone is safe and sound however. Only problem was the versi lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Had to do some re-houseing and....So, in a last ditch effort I re-housed Singe also. New everything. Much larger container. Picked her up, barely responsive and sat her in there. She immediately started walking around. Went to place her a new water dish and she kicked hairs at me!!! Super excited and hope this means she's feeling better!
Also I re-housed my Pcam, rosea, B albo and A anax. Only issue was my versi who leapt to my chest and ran all over me. Didn't help that I couldn't stop laughing. Everyone is safe and sound however. Only problem was the versi lol
I really hope so too.,sending hugs from over the pond x

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

That is sounding very hopeful, keep it up Singe