• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Then out of the corner of my eye....

Tnoob

In my haste, and utter excitement to rehouse my H. Pulchripes I completely forgot about the dinner for my two new babies. After rehousing them I realized I had left the crickets in the other room with my cat. I quickly rushed to the scene to find my cat completely enamored by her new toy. There, on the floor, I found limp remains of what was a small balloon of 5 insects. Clearly, barely microscopic hints of a milky white nature caressing the abdomen of this tiny snack. One, wasn't moving. Chastising the sobature I reached for my guilt, and took from the traitors claws a victim clearly intended for someone else. I broke for the demons home, I prayed to still feed. Reaching inside the bag, I fumbled to find life. Clearing it from its trap I clutched. On the door. Seeing just a hint of the dangers inside, I opened it with caution, placing the cricket inside. It stopped moving. Let myself hope for for that circle of life. That nourishment that only death provides. I watched closely, through the threshold, to see a slow world frozen in time. Maybe with luck it can happen. I'll knock in the morning... Slowly I shut door. Then there it was. As silently as it had come it had gone. The cricket, making its final push to survive had indeed sealed its own fate. It's final kick attracted some attention. It was slow at first. Like a tidal wave of death. Like water in every motion it engorged its prey. Carrying it into the abyss. As life sometimes does.

Tnoob

Cats really do love crickets :). Lesson learned.
I should have known the moment I saw those cute little eyes dialate when I walked through the door, but I figured I'd be ok. I was kinda stuck on the sure awe of my discovery.

Tnoob

I still haven't been able to coax my P murinus out of its old home. Definitely a hider, but my pulchripes is totally chilled out just doin spider stuff.

Tnoob

Yes, mine do apart from one of them likes my 6" LP they dab at each other through the glass :)
That would freak me out. Nonono keep murder cat away from spiders. They're going in the closet until I need bigger shelters that are sturdier.

Tnoob

I've had issues with princess attacking dogs much larger than her. Killing birds mice, you name it if she thinks it might be edible, or worth fighting. o_O

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That would freak me out. Nonono keep murder cat away from spiders. They're going in the closet until I need bigger shelters that are sturdier.

It doesn't happen very often and the LP is in a 2' glass vivarium so it's heavy and I have a wedge in the door. The dog has also taken upon himself the job of chasing the cat away from the Ts in general.

Tnoob

It doesn't happen very often and the LP is in a 2' glass vivarium so it's heavy and I have a wedge in the door. The dog has also taken upon himself the job of chasing the cat away from the Ts in general.
That's kinda cool. Wish I had room for a dog too. I'd love a husky. They're completely crazy in an adorable way.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I had to build a shelf with plexi glass covers to keep mine safe from my dogs. They don't think anything of the spiders but they've knocked em over a few times playing around them and i had enough. They do go after my bearded dragon though and my 10 month old pit bull puppy is always trying to get into my roaches.

Latest posts