• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Spider Shop, gimps.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Earlier I had a £60 mystery box of gimps arrive from TSS.

The T's were in a decent sized box with plenty of packing around them & a heat pad. Unfortunately the T's did not arrive until just before 1pm & thus the heat pad was cold.

The T's were.

Sub adult T stirmi
sub adult A seemanni
2cm P fasciata
1.5-2cm S calceatum
Female H diardi, jumping spider.

The stirmi looked very stressed & was tightly curled up when it arrived. I immediately put everything on a heat mat for a short while, but everything but the sirmi looked active & happy. And the stirmi soon started to show signs of life & is now in a new enclosure with a heat mat sellotaped to it's back temporally & is looking good.

The following is the seemanni, in a cricket tub, where I moved it to warm it up & let it stretch it's legs before moving it to it's permanant home. It was certainly lively & in good health, after a slight warm up.

4.jpg

The stirmi after it had warmed up.

2.jpg

No photo's of the others.

I forgot to say. Thank you @Gizalba for mentioning your gimp box, thus inspiring me to buy mine.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on the new arrivals :) a real nice selection there too..
I'm glad they have recovered from getting a bit cold in transit I'm sure they will settle in just fine :)

Latest posts