• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The only B Albiceps I can find seems really small??

PaulaDebra

I found a B Albiceps at fear not tarantula, I really want this species for my first T. But It says Its nearly 1/2 inch and I'm nervious about ordering it because I have no experience. I'm afraid I'll do something wrong and it will die..that would be horrible. So should I wait and look for a bigger one or are they hardy enough for a first T?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are pretty hardy slings to raise. I raise mine in a 1 oz. condiment cup until they reach 1". Just a little coco fiber and some moss so they can drink....not enough room for a water dish or I would give them one. Punch a few air holes with a thumb tack. When they get to be 1" I move them to a 12 oz. Deli cup. Go wild...buy a few.;)
20190426_210150.jpg

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They are hard to come by, especially larger specimens. Seems like prices went down on slings of this species, so I would buy 3 to start if I were you.

Tnoob

I found a B Albiceps at fear not tarantula, I really want this species for my first T. But It says Its nearly 1/2 inch and I'm nervious about ordering it because I have no experience. I'm afraid I'll do something wrong and it will die..that would be horrible. So should I wait and look for a bigger one or are they hardy enough for a first T?
Funny, I held off on getting an albiceps from them this week.

Latest posts