• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The Green Femur

Redacted

3 Year Member
Should be a super hero name. Not so common a T in the US.
IMG_1070.JPG

corij

3 Year Member
lucky 001.JPG
i own one of these, quite small but has really cool behaviour. before a molt just sat motionless in her little cave for weeks on end. but once molted and ready,is great to handle ,never defencive,i love her!

Last edited:

corij

3 Year Member
its a very humble T , the underdog ! i first became aware of the species after watching a youtube vid [ the name of the lady escapes me now] ,anyhow in her vids her green femur always comes over as friendly -i knew i prob had to have one . id held back from buying any more spids but then i chanced upon mine in a local shop. i knew they dont crop up often even in the UK . But i held back,yes no more buying, and went home without her.
Once at home of course i reasoned that now i delayed id likely miss the opportunity so travelled back to the shop -by which time it was shut!

luckily for me when i next went into town she was still on sale,the shop assistant was suprised i wanted that one over the more impressive lookers

Redacted

3 Year Member
Going to keep my eyes open for one. Think it's a beautiful T. Everyone here (US) seems to be pushing the sp. Red or 'fire'
I've noticed that, too, about the Euathlus 'Red'. Last year saw them at 20.00/ adult. Now, that will get you a sling!

I was able to pair my Green Femur. The male died before she molted.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If by chance you guys hear of one my area (USA somewhere) tag me please. I am sort of looking but..Nothing lol

Latest posts