• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The escaped mealworm

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
I thought nothing of the mealworm that escaped the clutches of my male b.smithi afew weeks ago until it emerged again today but in a totally different form haha
e46f87a09896a43f0a2dd56316a11e1e.jpg

Johnnyp1987

3 Year Member
Well to my suprise i found anothet today, again in my male b.smithi enclosure. I kept the first one id found in a small container, im so glad i didnt get rid of it, i knew it would come in handy, in fact they both did... bruce made short work of them as a little snack [emoji1]
6242c124a5b96e39850e71c6b7d67463.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Should have kept those two beetles, only Ringo and George left to find before you have your own band. :D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I saw one in my Pcams container. Made me feel like a bad mom lol!
Happens to the best of us...lol. Same with my GBB. She looked at it when it emerged and must have thought.....what the!!!? Removed it and threw it outside for the birds....lol

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Happens to the best of us...lol. Same with my GBB. She looked at it when it emerged and must have thought.....what the!!!? Removed it and threw it outside for the birds....lol
Got that little bachelor band of silverwings hanging about here, those spoiled roosters get all my excess beetles and mealworms :)

Telson

3 Year Member
Im surprised Bruce ate them. None of mine will eat a darkling beetle, they just slap at them.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ive finally got a few stirmi coming tuesday, my last additions :D FINALLY! A big female and soon to be matured male. Fingers crossed I can breed them successfully:)
You breed them successfully and I will.positively purchase a couple!