• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

That feeling when

Matts

3 Year Member
Your tiny sling without warning molts from an inconspicuous generic black butt into a solid juvenile! Really starting to look like a real b. Albopilosum. He molted Sunday night. Now he's super hyperactive and crawls about non stop. He used to be a great rock before. And he's easily twice as big. Now waiting for my g pulchripes to molt. Should be a good show. 1430338427080-1536273122.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's a great feeling. I love how much they change at each moult.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's a close race between my Gbb. Auratum,smithi, and my largest H.Incei.
Who's next to moult. Exciting stuff

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love how they change, too (although I kind of miss my A. versi's electric blue colours, lol).
The one that really caught me off guard was my T. gigas. It seems to have doubled in size after his last molt with beautiful strong colours. It's gone into hiding and blocked off all entrances which tells me it's in premolt again (my husband was worried it had escaped, lol). I can't wait to see it again.

Thivo

3 Year Member
It is really a mixed emotions when you see yout T's molting/newly molt... Excited with worries... Amazed while watching how they molt... See thier progression and after a day or two, their color changes to more vivid...

Latest posts